Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wiped stock slot of safestrap

Tip us?

chillywillyhoe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Wiped stock slot of safestrap

i wiped the stock slot of safestrap trying to install a 4.4.2 rom on top of it, but tried to go to the download mode to get more informantion, now the phone is stuck at the samsung custom screen and i cant get back into safestrap, anyway i can return my phone back to stock? any help is greatly appreciated

joshuabg
Old
Thanks Meter 268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillywillyhoe View Post
i wiped the stock slot of safestrap trying to install a 4.4.2 rom on top of it, but tried to go to the download mode to get more informantion, now the phone is stuck at the samsung custom screen and i cant get back into safestrap, anyway i can return my phone back to stock? any help is greatly appreciated

What build are you on? You could try getting back into odin mode by taking out the batttey for 30 seconds then pressing home volume down and power until odin mode pops up. What Safesrtap were you using?

chillywillyhoe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg View Post
What build are you on? You could try getting back into odin mode by taking out the batttey for 30 seconds then pressing home volume down and power until odin mode pops up. What Safesrtap were you using?
i was on Hyperdrive RLS15 4.3, and had safestrap 3.71, i made a backup of my stock rom with safestrap before i wiped it, i can boot into odin mode and have odin 3.10 loaded up right now.

joshuabg
Old
Thanks Meter 268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i was on Hyperdrive RLS15 4.3, and had safestrap 3.71, i made a backup of my stock rom with safestrap before i wiped it, i can boot into odin mode and have odin 3.10 loaded up right now.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51965032 - He means safestrap 3.71 when he says 1.71

I think you had to be on safestarp 3.72

chillywillyhoe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51965032 - He means safestrap 3.71 when he says 1.71

I think you had to be on safestarp 3.72
i was on 3.71, i have the apk on my sd card, the difference between him and me is i didn't install anything, just wiped the stock rom and didn't flash anything over it, i thought i would be able to get back into safestrap, i guess not. any way i can flash a stock mk2 image through odin or flash the backup i made through safestrap with odin?

joshuabg
Old
(Last edited by joshuabg; 10th May 2014 at 05:25 PM.) Reason: link
Thanks Meter 268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
i was on 3.71, i have the apk on my sd card, the difference between him and me is i didn't install anything, just wiped the stock rom and didn't flash anything over it, i thought i would be able to get back into safestrap, i guess not. any way i can flash a stock mk2 image through odin or flash the backup i made through safestrap with odin?
Odin one of these in odin 3.09 (may work in 3.10) then root, install safestrap 3.72 and flash away

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

chillywillyhoe
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Odin one of these in odin 3.09 (may work in 3.10) then root, install safestrap 3.72 and flash away

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209
thanks for the help, exactly what i was trying to find