FORUMS

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

[Q] Wiped stock slot of safestrap

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By chillywillyhoe, Member on 10th May 2014, 04:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i wiped the stock slot of safestrap trying to install a 4.4.2 rom on top of it, but tried to go to the download mode to get more informantion, now the phone is stuck at the samsung custom screen and i cant get back into safestrap, anyway i can return my phone back to stock? any help is greatly appreciated
 
 
10th May 2014, 04:56 PM |#2  
Hashbang173's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,227
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillywillyhoe

i wiped the stock slot of safestrap trying to install a 4.4.2 rom on top of it, but tried to go to the download mode to get more informantion, now the phone is stuck at the samsung custom screen and i cant get back into safestrap, anyway i can return my phone back to stock? any help is greatly appreciated


What build are you on? You could try getting back into odin mode by taking out the batttey for 30 seconds then pressing home volume down and power until odin mode pops up. What Safesrtap were you using?
10th May 2014, 04:58 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg

What build are you on? You could try getting back into odin mode by taking out the batttey for 30 seconds then pressing home volume down and power until odin mode pops up. What Safesrtap were you using?

i was on Hyperdrive RLS15 4.3, and had safestrap 3.71, i made a backup of my stock rom with safestrap before i wiped it, i can boot into odin mode and have odin 3.10 loaded up right now.
10th May 2014, 05:12 PM |#4  
Hashbang173's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,227
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillywillyhoe

i was on Hyperdrive RLS15 4.3, and had safestrap 3.71, i made a backup of my stock rom with safestrap before i wiped it, i can boot into odin mode and have odin 3.10 loaded up right now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51965032 - He means safestrap 3.71 when he says 1.71

I think you had to be on safestarp 3.72
10th May 2014, 05:21 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51965032 - He means safestrap 3.71 when he says 1.71

I think you had to be on safestarp 3.72

i was on 3.71, i have the apk on my sd card, the difference between him and me is i didn't install anything, just wiped the stock rom and didn't flash anything over it, i thought i would be able to get back into safestrap, i guess not. any way i can flash a stock mk2 image through odin or flash the backup i made through safestrap with odin?
10th May 2014, 05:25 PM |#6  
Hashbang173's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,227
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillywillyhoe

i was on 3.71, i have the apk on my sd card, the difference between him and me is i didn't install anything, just wiped the stock rom and didn't flash anything over it, i thought i would be able to get back into safestrap, i guess not. any way i can flash a stock mk2 image through odin or flash the backup i made through safestrap with odin?

Odin one of these in odin 3.09 (may work in 3.10) then root, install safestrap 3.72 and flash away

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209
Last edited by Hashbang173; 10th May 2014 at 05:25 PM. Reason: link
10th May 2014, 05:32 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg

Odin one of these in odin 3.09 (may work in 3.10) then root, install safestrap 3.72 and flash away

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

thanks for the help, exactly what i was trying to find
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes