Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 50,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keyboard for gear 2?

Tip us?

manatti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default Keyboard for gear 2?

I thought I saw this was going to have a keyboard on the watch to send texts I'm debating returning this thing since there is no keyboard which is why I wanted this so bad thought flesky was gonna be on it ....... Weak

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Cyyto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Fleksy are still developing it

BigDanInTX
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyyto View Post
Fleksy are still developing it
Do you think Fleksy is better than Minuum? I'd like to see that one on the watch...
Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Gear 2 Neo | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Cyyto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That's subjective lol, I prefer Fleksy as I can see the whole keyboard like my smartphone meaning I know where every key is located

atrain311
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Honestly, THIS is what I need on my Neo. All the other stuff is great, but a simple keyboard to quickly send off replies that cannot be spoken into the watch due to circumstances or obscurity making them unlikely to be presets, would take this watch to another level for me.

Using Tapatalk

highlordkram
Old
Thanks Meter 37
As stated already, Fleksy should be out for Gear 2 soon. Here is a quick mention by them: http://feedback.fleksy.com/knowledge...sung-galaxy-ge

BlackZenith
Old
(Last edited by BlackZenith; 8th May 2014 at 07:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by manatti View Post
I thought I saw this was going to have a keyboard on the watch to send texts I'm debating returning this thing since there is no keyboard which is why I wanted this so bad thought flesky was gonna be on it ....... Weak

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
You might as well take it back then. Not only do you need a keyboard but you'll need an app installed on the watch that will accept input and send the message somehow. The Tablet Talk app enabled texting from the original Galaxy Gear, but you had to be rooted just to side-load it onto the watch. Gear 2 doesn't have a root solution yet, and even if it did I doubt Tablet Talk is compatible with Tizen.

I suggest returning your Gear 2 and use that money to buy a better phone, since obviously texting from your current phone isn't good enough.
Note 3 + Gear 2

ipsum_deum
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default It will be nice when it comes

Of course it would be awesome to have a keyboard for discreet messages on your watch. However, it's not a deal breaker for me. Still a great piece of tech and the possibilities will only increase. Stay tuned.