Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogenmod Galaxy S3 Problems

Tip us?

phyciatrist
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cyanogenmod Galaxy S3 Problems

I have been running varying versions of cyanogenmod 10.1 and 10.2 for about year on my T-Mobile Galaxy S3, but today I tried to update it to a version of 11 today without a computer, just on my phone through the standard Cyanogenmod built in rom updater. It downloaded fine, but when attempting to install it it had an error and stopped. Now the only thing my phone will do is boot into clockwork mod recovery mode, and download mode. The download mode won't be recognized by kies or my computer, though my computer does make a beep sound when I plug it in. I have tried a lot of things, but nothing at all will work so my phone is essentially bricked right now.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyciatrist View Post
I have been running varying versions of cyanogenmod 10.1 and 10.2 for about year on my T-Mobile Galaxy S3, but today I tried to update it to a version of 11 today without a computer, just on my phone through the standard Cyanogenmod built in rom updater. It downloaded fine, but when attempting to install it it had an error and stopped. Now the only thing my phone will do is boot into clockwork mod recovery mode, and download mode. The download mode won't be recognized by kies or my computer, though my computer does make a beep sound when I plug it in. I have tried a lot of things, but nothing at all will work so my phone is essentially bricked right now.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.
So you decided to update your version of android without a PC and without making a nandroid backup?? The reason it failed was probably because you didn't update your recovery. 4.4 needs recoveries that support SELinux. Open your Device Manager when you plug in the phone and describe what happens when you plug it in.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

Zacktamondo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyciatrist View Post

Any help would be great.
Thanks.
Have you tried to use CWM to install the cm11 for your Galaxy S3 ?
If you haven't try it yet .try it now .

I hope that helps...
Waiting for your feedback

phyciatrist
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default re:

When I plug it in in recovery mode it makes a beep on the computer but the computer doesnt recognize it all, and there is no way to get any other rom on from my observations and with my knowledge.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Does your phone recognize the internal and external storage in recovery? If so, you can load a rom and updated recovery on an SD card and use that to install the updates.
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

phyciatrist
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Does your phone recognize the internal and external storage in recovery? If so, you can load a rom and updated recovery on an SD card and use that to install the updates.
It recognizes the internal storage but wont let me mount it or add files

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Well it should be able to recognize an external card as well. Why not just try and install something from there?