Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Transferring Pics and Music from MacBook to LG G2

Tip us?

SpookyMog
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Transferring Pics and Music from MacBook to LG G2

Hi
I bought an LG G2, and have searched the web for hours, downloading various programs to transfer pictures and music from my Mac to the phone.

Finally I found out how to do it WITHOUT an application or USB cable. I can't believe I wasted all this time when the function was actually right there in the LG G2.

So here's what I did, first go to your SETTINGS in the phone, then go to Networks, Share and Connect. Make sure that Wireless Storage is turned ON.

Then tap on the words Wireless Storage.

At the bottom of the screen you will see a Windows and a MAC address, Username and Password.

Now, on your Macbook, click on the blue faced FINDER. Type in COMMAND K. You will get a little box with fields. In the top field (server address), type in the MAC address from your phone. Click on the + sign and it will add to the other field as well. Then click on CONNECT.

If you're asked for the username and password, type in whats on the phone .....

You will get a window with an sdcard0 folder. Click open the folder, and you will see folders with everything in your phone. Open the pics folder and then you can just drag your pics from your Mac into the folder. Do the same with your music.

I created 2 folders on my desktop with all my pictures and music in them. If you arrange them into subfolders on your Mac, they will transfer over to your phone in those sub folders.

I hope this helps and saves everyone else all the time and trouble I had before I found this excellent feature on the phone.

TheHaso
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Interesting, add a guide for Windows and this should be pinned imo :thumbup:

Sent from XDA 4 app using LG G2 D802
Xperia Charging Animations
HDPI and MDPI

Phone
LG G2 D802 32GB

Previous Phone
Xperia Arc LT15i (LT18i format)
Super Jelly Bean 8 - SJB KK Kernel