[Q] kitkat options

10th May 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hey all, I have a rooted L710 currently running stock 4.1.2 with TWRP v2.7.0.0. If I loose root access won't be able to use with my truck's appradio.

What's my best course of action to get from where I'm at to kitkat rooted without bricking my phone?

Thanks for any help!
10th May 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 242

465 posts
Any of the aftermarket ROMs such as CyanogenMod 11 (CM 11), Paranoid Android, AOKP, and many more are KitKat based and stable enough to use as daily drivers. And, they all should be pre-rooted.

I personally prefer PhilZ recovery for flashing ROMs.

Also, if you're using a SPH-L710, you should flash "D2LTE" builds of whatever ROM you're considering, and you can flash the Paranoid Android GAPPs package on top of it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Higgs_Boson; 10th May 2014 at 03:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Higgs_Boson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 173

804 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irockwithdirt

Hey all, I have a rooted L710 currently running stock 4.1.2 with TWRP v2.7.0.0. If I loose root access won't be able to use with my truck's appradio.

What's my best course of action to get from where I'm at to kitkat rooted without bricking my phone?

Thanks for any help!

I don't believe appradio works with kitkat. Some people have had luck, some haven't. I couldn't get it to work at all running AOSB ROM.

sent from my GS3
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread