Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] kitkat options

Tip us?

irockwithdirt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] kitkat options

Hey all, I have a rooted L710 currently running stock 4.1.2 with TWRP v2.7.0.0. If I loose root access won't be able to use with my truck's appradio.

What's my best course of action to get from where I'm at to kitkat rooted without bricking my phone?

Thanks for any help!

Higgs_Boson
Old
(Last edited by Higgs_Boson; 10th May 2014 at 03:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 182
Any of the aftermarket ROMs such as CyanogenMod 11 (CM 11), Paranoid Android, AOKP, and many more are KitKat based and stable enough to use as daily drivers. And, they all should be pre-rooted.

I personally prefer PhilZ recovery for flashing ROMs.

Also, if you're using a SPH-L710, you should flash "D2LTE" builds of whatever ROM you're considering, and you can flash the Paranoid Android GAPPs package on top of it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Your "THANKS" are not necessary, but I would appreciate them when due.
The Following User Says Thank You to Higgs_Boson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joeyhdownsouth
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by irockwithdirt View Post
Hey all, I have a rooted L710 currently running stock 4.1.2 with TWRP v2.7.0.0. If I loose root access won't be able to use with my truck's appradio.

What's my best course of action to get from where I'm at to kitkat rooted without bricking my phone?

Thanks for any help!
I don't believe appradio works with kitkat. Some people have had luck, some haven't. I couldn't get it to work at all running AOSB ROM.

sent from my GS3
G2(Sprint)-stock
G3(Sprint)-stock
Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM:C-rom/KERNEL:dkp-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Galaxy S5(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:M.O.A.R.-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Moto G(unlocked to CellularOne)-ROM/KERNEL:LiquidSmooth-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]