G2 Boot loop, with download mode stuck

OP TheKiks

10th May 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hey

Recently I tried to install the 4.4.2 KitKat official update, but didn't realize it would cause problems with my currently installed custom rom. I'm kind of a noob with these things. So now my phone is a mess. yay.

What is now happening, is that:
  • Phone goes into endless boot loop, showing LG icon. Top left LED blinking green and blue in a wave-ish pattern. Have to keep power button down for 20 seconds to turn off phone completely (with usb unplugged).
  • Recovery mode brings me to TWRP. From here I can do the "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota" but no success. It will continue its boot loop upon restart.
  • Download mode brings the phone to firmware update, where it never goes beyond 0% updated.
  • I wiped all data from phone, but no success with recovery.

So guys, any ideas on what to do about this?
Any help will be appreciated
10th May 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 2

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiks

Hey

Recently I tried to install the 4.4.2 KitKat official update, but didn't realize it would cause problems with my currently installed custom rom. I'm kind of a noob with these things. So now my phone is a mess. yay.

What is now happening, is that:

• Phone goes into endless boot loop, showing LG icon. Top left LED blinking green and blue in a wave-ish pattern. Have to keep power button down for 20 seconds to turn off phone completely (with usb unplugged).
  • Recovery mode brings me to TWRP. From here I can do the "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota" but no success. It will continue its boot loop upon restart.
  • Download mode brings the phone to firmware update, where it never goes beyond 0% updated.
  • I wiped all data from phone, but no success with recovery.

So guys, any ideas on what to do about this?
Any help will be appreciated

Encoutered the same situation, read this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2744237
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread