Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 37,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] X Tool Unlock

Tip us?

NexusChrist
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] X Tool Unlock

So I purchased credits to do the unlock for my R800a from FastGSM.com

All was going well, I downloaded and installed everything without any issue. I place a jumper over the ground, and connected the USB. The computer recognizes it! Great I thought. The issue is that the software just sits there, and the Next button is greyed out.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I have a feel it's something to do with drivers, but I am not 100% sure.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

NexusChrist
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I just wanted to update this thread, in case others run into the same issue.

I finally figured out what was happening, and why the drivers were not installing correctly when doing the install for XUnlock Tool. It was the nasty Windows 8 Driver Signature getting in the way!

All you need to do is click the Gear icon, go into Update & Recovery, then Recovery, click Advanced Startup and Restart. Once the computer restarts select Troubleshoot, Advanced, and Advanced Startup options. Click Restart. Hit F7 and restart.

Good to go after that! Let the ROMs begin!

saqibkhan
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusChrist View Post
I just wanted to update this thread, in case others run into the same issue.

I finally figured out what was happening, and why the drivers were not installing correctly when doing the install for XUnlock Tool. It was the nasty Windows 8 Driver Signature getting in the way!

All you need to do is click the Gear icon, go into Update & Recovery, then Recovery, click Advanced Startup and Restart. Once the computer restarts select Troubleshoot, Advanced, and Advanced Startup options. Click Restart. Hit F7 and restart.

Good to go after that! Let the ROMs begin!
To add to that.. that will take you in to "Disabled Driver Signature Mode
where you can force windows to install the drivers you want.. once drivers are force installed in this Mode.. and you reboot normally.. they will always work .. I always do the same..
Phone: Xperia Play (R800i)
Android version : 4.4.4
Kernel version : Legacy Xperia 3.4
ROM : Legacy Xperia 4.4.4
Recovery: CWM

Kernel 3.x Development for Reference for all Dev's
Mike's Thread
Wedgess Thread
DooMLoRD Thread