[GUIDE] How get rid of Kaspersky and unlock your phone

OP gemini_tiger

10th May 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
This guide will help you to get rid of Kaspersky and unlock your locked mobile phone in case you dont remember your pin/unlock code. It describes how I've done this when forgotten unlock code. Everything wrote below is based on online search and experiments with my phone. You just need basic computer knowledge and follow steps below. It works great on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190N) with Android 4.1.2 onboard. Good luck.

IMPORTANT !!!

Search online how rooting may affect your mobile phone warranty and do not continue if warranty is more important for you then your data. Phone can be unrooted as well, search online

Using this method WILL NOT delete any other of your data, apps, contacts, SMS, etc.

Getting root access
Steps listed below are based on this website (sorry, can't post links, please send me PM if you need them). There are also links to necessary software but my advice is to search online for latest version. You need SD Card to install software and for system backup (more GB card has more backups you can make).

Software needed
1. Download Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your computer
2. Download Android SDK and unpack to your hard drive
3. Download ClockworkMod ROM Manager
4. Download ODIN and unpack to your hard drive
5. Download SuperSu

Getting root access (it is more convenient to open phone for better access to battery)
6. Pull battery out and refit (or switch phone off)
7. Press and hold Volume Down + Home button + Power button for few seconds to enter software download mode
8. Press Volume Up button when you see warning message screen to continue
9. Connect USB cable to your phone and computer
10. Unzip (if necessary) ClockworkMod ROM Manager to have .md5 file
11. Run ODIN. Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked. ODIN should show the message confirming connection to device (bottom left) and COM port ID (top left) if not repeat steps 6-9
12. Press PDA button and browse to unzipped .md5 file and then press Start button
13. Phone should reboot after software installation is complete
14. Copy SuperSu .zip file to SD Card, pull battery out and enter card into the phone. Refit battery
15. Press and hold Volume Up + Home button + Power button for few seconds to enter ROM Manager (ClockworkMod Recovery)
16. Select install zip from sdcard ==> choose zip from external sdcard ==> browse to SuperSu zip file and confirm installation when prompted

Backup and software modification (based on this website, sorry can't post links, please send me PM if you need them)
17. Repeat step 15 if needed to run ROM Manager than choose backup and restore ==> backup to external sdcard and wait till process is finished (this is copy of all your existing software, data, SMS, etc.)
18. Choose mounts and storage option then select mount /data (if you need go back option is always at the bottom of menu)
19. Press Win+R or Start-->Run and type in cmd to run console
20. Browse to adb.exe file (it is located in SDK folder ex. C:\adt-bundle-windows-..\sdk\platform-tools\) using cd folder name command ex. cd platform-tool
21. Type in adb shell and press ENTER
22. Navigate to /data/app folder using cd /data/app command
23. List files using ls a p command (press ENTER after each command used in console) and find kms file (I have com.kms.free-1.apk file)
24. Delete kms file using rm com.kms.free-1.apk command
25. Navigate to /data/data folder using cd /data/data command
26. Repeat step 23
27. Delete kms folder using rm r com.kms.free command (make sure r parameter is entered in command)
28. Navigate to /data/dalvik-cache folder using cd /data/dalvik-cache command
29. List files using ls a p command and find kms file (I have data@app@com.kms.free-1.apk@classes.dex file)
30. Delete kms class file using rm data@app@com.kms.free-1.apk@classes.dex command
31. Navigate to /data/system folder using cd /data/system command
32. List files using ls a p command and find locksettings.db files
33. Delete locksettings files using rm locksettings.* command
34. List files using ls a p command and find packages.list and packages.xml files
35. Run new console window (step 19) and navigate to adb.exe file (step 20)
36. Type in adb pull /data/system/packages.list and press ENTER (file will be copied form your phone to PC's hard drive into \platform-tools\ folder, always where adb.exe file is located)
37. Type in adb pull /data/system/packages.xml and press ENTER (file will be copied to same folder as in step 36)
38. Open folder with packages files and edit them using any of text file editor (Notepad, TextPad, etc.)
39. Inside packages.list file search for kms and delete each row containing it. Save file when done
40. In packages.xml file search for kms and delete each row containing it. IMPORTANT!!! In this file you will find sections starting with <package> tag and ending with </package>. One section includes kms. Select and delete entire kms section including corresponding <package></package> tags. Save file when done
41. Switch to second windows console opened in step 35 and send files from PC into phone using adb push packages.xml /data/system and adb push packages.list /data/system commands
42. Press reboot system now in your ROM Manager or pull out and refit battery to switch phone off and then switch it on

Enjoy and NEVER GIVE UP!!!

If you have any questions please post them and I'll try to help as much as I can.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread