XCOM Enemy Unknown crashes

30th April 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 62

283 posts
More
Anyone else trying to run this game? Can't get through a mission without getting booted back to desktop/launcher several times. Seems to make the tablet run very hot. Had some minor success with resting the tablet (near the camera) on a frozen cooler pack (for camping etc...). So frustrating.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x

Anyone else trying to run this game? Can't get through a mission without getting booted back to desktop/launcher several times. Seems to make the tablet run very hot. Had some minor success with resting the tablet (near the camera) on a frozen cooler pack (for camping etc...). So frustrating.

I have same problem, but on note 2014.

Quote:

without getting booted back to desktop/launcher several times

seems like some RAM management problem. as far as I know, when Android had some problem with RAM, it kill's all apps/services - I've notice this, since after "crash" all my background services were restarted. So I think it's more Android problem. on the other hand, XCOM is still v1 so I think there will be some updates with improvements.
30th April 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ottawa

283 posts
More
From what I can tell, all Exynos devices seem to be affected. I always have about 2gb free ram before I play, so it can't be Android purging it from memory, but you never know...

7th May 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ottawa

283 posts
More
Seems 2k Games decided to pull compatibility for all Exynos devices for this game. Play Store now says the game isn't compatible anymore. Guess I have to kiss my 12$ goodbye...

10th May 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 15

102 posts
Unhappy
Quote:

Seems 2k Games decided to pull compatibility for all Exynos devices for this game. Play Store now says the game isn't compatible anymore. Guess I have to kiss my 12$ goodbye...

that sucks, i just got my tab pro 12.2 and was looking forward to playing this game.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread