Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,968 Members 42,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XCOM Enemy Unknown crashes

Tip us?

dodo99x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default XCOM Enemy Unknown crashes

Anyone else trying to run this game? Can't get through a mission without getting booted back to desktop/launcher several times. Seems to make the tablet run very hot. Had some minor success with resting the tablet (near the camera) on a frozen cooler pack (for camping etc...). So frustrating.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

babujnik
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo99x View Post
Anyone else trying to run this game? Can't get through a mission without getting booted back to desktop/launcher several times. Seems to make the tablet run very hot. Had some minor success with resting the tablet (near the camera) on a frozen cooler pack (for camping etc...). So frustrating.

I have same problem, but on note 2014.

Quote:
without getting booted back to desktop/launcher several times
seems like some RAM management problem. as far as I know, when Android had some problem with RAM, it kill's all apps/services - I've notice this, since after "crash" all my background services were restarted. So I think it's more Android problem. on the other hand, XCOM is still v1 so I think there will be some updates with improvements.

dodo99x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
From what I can tell, all Exynos devices seem to be affected. I always have about 2gb free ram before I play, so it can't be Android purging it from memory, but you never know...

dodo99x
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Seems 2k Games decided to pull compatibility for all Exynos devices for this game. Play Store now says the game isn't compatible anymore. Guess I have to kiss my 12$ goodbye...

TheNeck
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Seems 2k Games decided to pull compatibility for all Exynos devices for this game. Play Store now says the game isn't compatible anymore. Guess I have to kiss my 12$ goodbye...

that sucks, i just got my tab pro 12.2 and was looking forward to playing this game.