Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 45,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Exchange ActiveSync PIN

Tip us?

adlervft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Exchange ActiveSync PIN

The security settings on my organization exchange server requires me to have a PIN code (4 numbers) in order to unlock the phone.

Since the last update on Z1 (4.4.2), if I try to configure a new exchange account the phone, it asks me for a full password (numbers, letters and symbols) even it not required by the organization.

It only happens on the Z1! I have also an iPhone and another Android with Kitkat 4.4.2 and both requires me only a PIN code in the same situation.

Does anyone else have the same issue? You need to remove and re-configure the account to test it.

Thanks,
Adler

adlervft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlervft View Post
The security settings on my organization exchange server requires me to have a PIN code (4 numbers) in order to unlock the phone.

Since the last update on Z1 (4.4.2), if I try to configure a new exchange account the phone, it asks me for a full password (numbers, letters and symbols) even it not required by the organization.

It only happens on the Z1! I have also an iPhone and another Android with Kitkat 4.4.2 and both requires me only a PIN code in the same situation.

Does anyone else have the same issue? You need to remove and re-configure the account to test it.

Thanks,
Adler
Just one more information, my company uses Exchange 2010.

Anybody can help me to test it?

Thanks,
Adler

xXFlippyXx
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Strange...

I also have an exchange server running myself. Aswell as a few customer servers running various versions. I don't have any of those problems on my device.

What I can say:

You're not the only one

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...rd/td-p/615311

Could be a problem with the mail app of Sony. Best shot is taking an older mail/exchange (latter is an independent app). If that won't work I don't think there'll be much you can do

Sent from Xperia Z1