OP roadblock217

10th May 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2725001

Nope won't work. I think it's because there is no marker folder for the m8 in my SD card where I store my backups. I tried making one, and it won't register that there is a folder there...
10th May 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 9,441

9,669 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadblock217

Nope won't work. I think it's because there is no marker folder for the m8 in my SD card where I store my backups. I tried making one, and it won't register that there is a folder there...

yes.. yes it most certainly will work as my ROM is based off that precise nandroid backup...
this is something you should have had backed up..

but, make yourself a dummy nand backup to create the folder..
just don't backup anything except.. data or cache, just pick one thing. and it'll create the folder for you (tip: backup EVERYTHING (Internal., SD-Card, anything important, etc) when playing with beta ROMs. ESP AOSP beta ROMs..
the folder that gets created will be the same throughout your entire stay on the M8 using TWRP, it will never change (well that phone anyway, if you get a refurb or w.e. obv it will be different, but that phones folder markers will never change within TWRP, so it's to your benefit to have this backed up and ready to go...)
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

yes.. yes it most certainly will work as my ROM is based off that precise nandroid backup...
this is something you should have had backed up..

but, make yourself a dummy nand backup to create the folder..
just don't backup anything except.. data or cache, just pick one thing. and it'll create the folder for you (tip: backup EVERYTHING (Internal., SD-Card, anything important, etc) when playing with beta ROMs. ESP AOSP beta ROMs..
the folder that gets created will be the same throughout your entire stay on the M8 using TWRP, it will never change (well that phone anyway, if you get a refurb or w.e. obv it will be different, but that phones folder markers will never change within TWRP, so it's to your benefit to have this backed up and ready to go...)

Tried it again and again...used a different computer and it WORKED...Thank you so much for your help andybones!
10th May 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY

9,669 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Tried it again and again...used a different computer and it WORKED...Thank you so much for your help andybones!

Awesome!
Very welcome.
So what was the result fix?
Did you have to wipe Internal from system not mounting?
Or did the adb sideload work?
Also once it flashed it loaded up if you did not have to wipe Internal, was your storage still there?
Glad that your back up and running.
11th May 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

Awesome!
Very welcome.
So what was the result fix?
Did you have to wipe Internal from system not mounting?
Or did the adb sideload work?
Also once it flashed it loaded up if you did not have to wipe Internal, was your storage still there?
Glad that your back up and running.

I had to flash the RUU but it finally worked and was applied..I'm honestly thinking of holding off on doing more to it until I learn more!

Had to wipe pretty much all except my sd card, rebooted to bootloader and back to twrp and it allowed me to write to system. BUT I couldnt get any rom to flash (when I did, it hung on the HTC logo as usual, but the aroma installer said that it was successful..so I gave up on that and did the RUU on a different computer and its back to normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to roadblock217 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY

9,669 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I had to flash the RUU but it finally worked and was applied..I'm honestly thinking of holding off on doing more to it until I learn more!

Had to wipe pretty much all except my sd card, rebooted to bootloader and back to twrp and it allowed me to write to system. BUT I couldnt get any rom to flash (when I did, it hung on the HTC logo as usual, but the aroma installer said that it was successful..so I gave up on that and did the RUU on a different computer and its back to normal.

It's possible after so long you didn't give the ROM long enough to boot up?

Sounds like RUU might be a cause from flashing AOSP, threads like this are good to warn people, and for when it happens to others, they can read this and know what to do. Maybe think of a new title that could help those in a search to find this thread?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread