Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google search not searching my device

Tip us?

khumash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Google search not searching my device

After rooted the phone and using this rom - v2.0 XZ2 AROMA, google search doesn't not index my device (contacts/ apps). Which makes it unable to search my device. I can't find any settings in the google search app or google settings regarding to this. How should I fix this?

nintendolinky
Old
Thanks Meter 256

DONATE TO ME
Delete the preinstalled play services, with a root explorer app, reboot and reinstall from the play store, it will now work.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
HTC One M8, Gun Metal Grey, 16GB Internal & 64GB Micro SD, Unlocked, 4.4.2, OS 1.54.401.5
The Following User Says Thank You to nintendolinky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khumash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
@nintendolinky, how should I do this "Delete the preinstalled play services, with a root explorer app"? Should I be looking for a folder? or a bunch of files?

nintendolinky
Old
(Last edited by nintendolinky; 10th May 2014 at 10:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 256

DONATE TO ME
In priv-app there is gmscore.apk, delete that, reboot and then reinstall play services from the play store.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
HTC One M8, Gun Metal Grey, 16GB Internal & 64GB Micro SD, Unlocked, 4.4.2, OS 1.54.401.5
The Following User Says Thank You to nintendolinky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khumash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I am using "Root Browser". Trying to uninstall "system/priv-app/GmsCore.apk" got "Uninstall unsuccessful". What could be wrong?

aarongillion63
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by khumash View Post
I am using "Root Browser". Trying to uninstall "system/priv-app/GmsCore.apk" got "Uninstall unsuccessful". What could be wrong?
You need to "delete" the file, not "uninstall" it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to aarongillion63 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khumash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I got it resolved by downloading ES file browser. This time tapping gmscore.apk shows "install" rather than "uninstall". I just "install" the apk and the phone search feature is back to normal now. Thanks everyone for the help.