Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Has anyone successfully retained root from 4.3 to kit-kay 4.4?

Tip us?

LexusBrian400
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyenlives View Post
Everyone retains root. You have to be rooted to install it and the rom is already rooted.

It's really good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
He's talking about taking the OTA from rooted 4.3 with an app such as Root Keeper.
Beesley on IRC

Follow me on Twitter - TheRealBeesley

tcbusch
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusBrian400 View Post
He's talking about taking the OTA from rooted 4.3 with an app such as Root Keeper.
From what I read a while ago Root Keeper does not work with 4.3. I checked and that is still the case. I can only assume it also would not work for 4.4.

I did read that SuperSU has a preserve root function. I think somewhere else I read you temp unroot then preserve root. After taking the OTA you enable root again.

Something like this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus5/comme..._supersu_v180/

neyenlives
Old
Thanks Meter 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusBrian400 View Post
I know but there's not been an OTA yet so how would anyone know if it works on the OTA?

mdorrett
Old
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
The leaked version is a gold mine! It allows you to go back to 4.3 at any time via odin where as the official will not allow this. I am currently running leaked version and it is flawless. You dont have to have SafeStrap active after installing it just need to have it installed. I havent even opened SS since installing the leaked 4.4.2 update.

Galaxy Note 3 Stock Rooted Xposed
Galaxy Gear Rooted Null Rom
Suck It Nerds!

tcbusch
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyenlives View Post
I know but there's not been an OTA yet so how would anyone know if it works on the OTA?

This is the second reason for asking. If people ota upgrade that have root and want to experiment then they could post their results here. So I believe I need to ask this before people start accepting ota.