The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

My ASUS Transfrmer TF300T tab is dead

OP opamx

11th May 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dos Hermanas
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Hello friends, I bought the ASUS Transformer Pad 300T and just a week later I had the great idea of instal TWRP for installing my appreciate CM11, but when I installed TWRP and I was abut to install the CM11, I see:

E:Unable to mount '/data' (tw_mount)
E:failed to mount /data (no such file or directory)

When I saw that messages I entered in panic and I wiped all
I'm afraid I'll have to send it to repair, and the fill will hurt. So I hope somebody help me. I'll upload a photo soon.
Thanks.
Last edited by opamx; 11th May 2014 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Forgetting some details
16th May 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 386

1,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opamx

Hello friends, I bought the ASUS Transformer Pad 300T and just a week later I had the great idea of instal TWRP for installing my appreciate CM11, but when I installed TWRP and I was abut to install the CM11, I see:

E:Unable to mount '/data' (tw_mount)
E:failed to mount /data (no such file or directory)

When I saw that messages I entered in panic and I wiped all
I'm afraid I'll have to send it to repair, and the fill will hurt. So I hope somebody help me. I'll upload a photo soon.
Thanks.

In what way did you wipe it? From the bootloader or from TWRP?
16th May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dos Hermanas

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

In what way did you wipe it? From the bootloader or from TWRP?

I wiped the rom, in the site I downloaded the TWRP the instructions were to install the rom after cleaning cache, next I wiped the rom I searched for another recovery and I read this version is dangerous becouse it dont have any security advisements in the old posts, and if I wipe with that recovery y couldnt repair it becuse it dont have ADB or other methods for flashing another recvery.
19th May 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #4  

1,110 posts
More
Quote:

I wiped the rom, in the site I downloaded the TWRP the instructions were to install the rom after cleaning cache, next I wiped the rom I searched for another recovery and I read this version is dangerous becouse it dont have any security advisements in the old posts, and if I wipe with that recovery y couldnt repair it becuse it dont have ADB or other methods for flashing another recvery.

So does the TWRP still work? You can put a ROM on the SDcard and flash it from there.
20th May 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #5  
Flag Lancaster, Pa
Thanks Meter: 74

168 posts
More
I think I'm in a similar boat with the OP. I'm getting rid of this intensely disappointing tablet in the next day or two. I booted into TWRP and selected the "Wipe Data" option, figuring that it'd be a good move to hand it over to new owner without any traces of my personal data on it. Well, since formatting it, I can't get Android to fully boot up. I installed PACman and Gapps from a microSD card, but it never gets past the splash screen where it says "LOADING". I really need to get this POS up and running ASAP, preferably with the least possible amount of downloading involved. My connection just got throttled down, so I'm hoping I don't have to download any huge programs. Any ideas?
8th September 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dos Hermanas

7 posts
More
But...
But the recovery can't mount /data folder and I can't install anything.
8th September 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #7  

1,110 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids

I think I'm in a similar boat with the OP. I'm getting rid of this intensely disappointing tablet in the next day or two. I booted into TWRP and selected the "Wipe Data" option, figuring that it'd be a good move to hand it over to new owner without any traces of my personal data on it. Well, since formatting it, I can't get Android to fully boot up. I installed PACman and Gapps from a microSD card, but it never gets past the splash screen where it says "LOADING". I really need to get this POS up and running ASAP, preferably with the least possible amount of downloading involved. My connection just got throttled down, so I'm hoping I don't have to download any huge programs. Any ideas?

What bootloader version do you have and what twrp version?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote:

But the recovery can't mount /data folder and I can't install anything.

Did you try umounting everything and remounting everything in the twrp settings?
8th September 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dos Hermanas

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

What bootloader version do you have and what twrp version?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Did you try umounting everything and remounting everything in the twrp settings?

The option mount /Data is blocked, I can`t do anything, maybe with a backup will work. And my TWRP version is 2.2.1.5.
Last edited by opamx; 8th September 2014 at 10:23 PM.
9th September 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 8

19 posts
More
Quote:

The option mount /Data is blocked, I can`t do anything, maybe with a backup will work. And my TWRP version is 2.2.1.5.

Hi

This may be a long shot but I encountered a similar problem and resolved it by flashing the recovery and kernel from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2625580. See the second post.

In my case I flashed the recovery from the above post, formatted data to f2fs from recovery, then installed the crombi-kk rom with the ”Don't install a kernel” option, then flashed the kernel from the above post.

Like I said, long shot, and this assumes you can run the format data option in twrp, but may be worth a crack...

Good luck.
9th September 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,740

2,171 posts
Donate to Me
More
Who has a Liunx PC ?

That is where I would start ....

There are ways to fix this .....

Thx Josh