Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] Where's my recovery?

OP BoostinBen

8th May 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinBen

CWM installed fine for me using their purchased app and just flashing the touch version after selecting my device model.

I have also installed it using .img files provided in the forums and using Flashify to flash them.

I was able to use .img files in the forums with 11a...I never took 12b...just stayed on 11a and ignored the update.

I returned to stock to get to 24a and was able to root but can't for the life of me get CWM recovery installed. I have tried flashify, installing zips, pushing .img with adb...no dice. I get error messages every time or the black screen you described in this thread's original post.

Just tried to load the zip from TWRP...no dice.

I purchased touch through the paid version of CWM and chose my device...nada...it's killing me!

I can live with TWRP but love CWM touch. Really at a loss.

Are you running 24a? If so, can you point me toward the forum link you used to get CWM loaded?
10th May 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag NEOH
Thanks Meter: 24

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holsteinmoo

I was able to use .img files in the forums with 11a...I never took 12b...just stayed on 11a and ignored the update.

I returned to stock to get to 24a and was able to root but can't for the life of me get CWM recovery installed. I have tried flashify, installing zips, pushing .img with adb...no dice. I get error messages every time or the black screen you described in this thread's original post.

I purchased touch through the paid version of CWM and chose my device...nada...it's killing me!

Are you running 24a? If so, can you point me toward the forum link you used to get CWM loaded?

With 24a I pushed it with adb instead of flashing it via Flashify and it worked decently for me. Personally, though, I do like TWRP more, albeit it doesn't have that convenient application like CWM does.
11th May 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #13  
Flag Salisbury, Md
Thanks Meter: 1,263

2,228 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holsteinmoo

So you took the OTA and you're on 24A now? If thats the case you need to push the 12B aboot first before you can flash recovery. AutoRec will do all that. And flash recovery for you. After its finished you can flash CWM touch if you want.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinBen

With 24a I pushed it with adb instead of flashing it via Flashify and it worked decently for me. Personally, though, I do like TWRP more, albeit it doesn't have that convenient application like CWM does.

Have you ever seen this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ft.twrpmanager It flashes recovery for you, you can manage backups, with a donation you can even make live backups while still booted in Android. I haven't tried it yet because I keep forgetting. Sounds so cool though.
Last edited by JRJ442; 11th May 2014 at 03:01 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread