Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Trying to use Verizon Droid Ultra on T-mobile

OP Limeque

16th April 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Could someone please please pm me and help the imei is bad on verizon but i desperately want to use this phone its on 4.2.2
16th April 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 392

951 posts
More
If the ESN/IMEI is blacklisted or marked as "bad" or stolen by Verizon, there's not much you can do about it. You can put a T-Mobile SIM card in the Droid Ultra and see what happens but more than likely it's not going to work - I'm not 100% certain that the "blacklist" that Verizon maintains is connected with the one that T-Mobile (and other carriers) are now utilizing to track/keep stolen or reportedly lost devices, as well as those where customers just don't pay their bills so the device gets on a list too.

If you put a T-Mobile SIM in the device and it doesn't connect to their network immediately (because T-Mobile SIM cards allow that, you can access the T-Mobile website but nothing else using their 4G HSPA+ or LTE networks) then more than likely you're completely out of luck in most all respects.

All you could do at that point is contact Verizon in some manner and ask if the device was reported lost or stolen or something else. There's a good chance they may not help you at all if you're not a customer, and if you go into a Verizon store directly to check it they may just confiscate the phone completely.

How do you know for sure it's a bad ESN on Verizon? Have you checked it against something like Swappa's online checker (not 100% accurate but at least it's something):

http://swappa.com/esn

Can't hurt to at least give it a once over and see what results you get.
11th May 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
Verizon bad imei no longer works on tmobile tmobile
About a month ago I bought Verizon lg g2 from eBay. It turned out the device had bad imei. It wouldn't connect to tmobile network. I returned the phone back to the seller. Verizon bad imei phones no longer works on tmobile.
The Following User Says Thank You to liongood9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread