Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 50,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 mini (i9192) hung and stopped functioning all of the sudden ( knox enabled)

Tip us?

mjardeli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S4 mini (i9192) hung and stopped functioning all of the sudden ( knox enabled)

Hello Guys,

Posting this experience here trying to help people.

Last week, my S4 mini duos hung when I was reading a web page on Chrome. System became unresponsive, I shutdown the cell phone put it to recharge and went to sleep. Next day, it stuck on the SAMSUNG logo and did not initiated. I was using the StockRomLite v1.3.RC1 my bootloader is knox enabled ( my last rom was MK4 something).

I formatted, re installed the rom, installed another rom but in rare occasions that system started just after the boot it hung. Even when I put it to recharge the battery icon did not turn in to green ( indicating that was charging) was grayed without animation.

Today I installed the I9192UBUBMK5_I9192ZTMBMK1_I9192UBUBMK5_HOME.tar.md 5 ( stock rom with knox enabled), and my cell is operational again.

Now I tried to root my device without success, kingo does not recognize it. The modified bootloader, hangs when I install it with message "recovery booting ...".

Well Im very happy that my cell phone is operational again, I will worry to root it only next moth

mjardeli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Please be aware that if you install this rom, knox boot loader will be installed. Meaning, till now, no root or custom recovery bootloader.

fburgos
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Have you tried saferoot it work for me mk4

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk