Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Pairing More than one Gear Watch to your Phone Without Resetting Every Time?

Tip us?

retropug
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Pairing More than one Gear Watch to your Phone Without Resetting Every Time?

Hopefully someone here can answer this question. I am pretty sure I have a "Smart Watch Addiction". I love my Samsung Gear watch (original) as well as my new Gear 2 and I have a NEO as-well. WHY??? Well I keep the original because I like the build quality and the Android options on the original, I like the Orange Neo I just picked up for the color and the Gear 2 is just cool with the metal and new placement of the camera and speaker. And I don't know about the rest of you but after using a smart watch for awhile it is really hard to go back to a regular watch once you get used to the notifications. So now to my question: When I want to switch from one watch to the other I power off the first watch which is currently connected. Once it shuts down I power on the watch I want to currently connect with. Once it is powered up I open up gear manager and it shows no watch is currently connected. If I tap the top of the screen it has a "+" and it says the current gear will be disconnected. I am ok with that since I am wanting to connect to the other gear...I hit ok and then it shows currently paired devices in gear manger. I see all 3 watches listed. If I tap say the orange Neo it will show a message: Your Gear will be reset to the factory default settings. All the settings and downloaded applications data related to your gear will be deleted and the Gear will be reconnected to the mobile device. If I touch "OK" it proceeds to totally erase the watch I am trying to connect to and it does eventually connect but takes over 5 minutes. I tried unparing the device first and made it visible then searched for new devices and it finds the watch but once again want to reset it. Does anyone know a way to basically swap between multiple gear watches without resetting the watch each time? I have tried uninstalling gear manager and reinstalling I have rebooted both devices. I have a Note 3. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

scary123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Wow. I just asked the same thing before seeing this post. I bought two Neos in different colors and have the same problem. If you let it reset the watch it will then offer to restore it from backup, which it does, but not everything gets restored and you have to find and redownload everything that is missing. Then more often than not, it hangs up at the end of the restore and you have to reboot the watch. Takes an hour to go from my black one to my orange one. Aarrgggh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app