Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 40,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't install recovery?

Tip us?

MSNemitz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't install recovery?

This just isn't working for me haha.

I tried to root my T-Mobile Samsung Note 3 originally using Kingo ... Got stuck in bootloop.
So I turned to Chainfire with Odin, that worked.

I tried to install TWRP recovery by Goomanager ... Booted in recovery and I would get a dead android with a red exclamation point.
I tried to install TWRP via Odin ... Booted in recovery and I would get a dead android with a red exclamation point.

I used to Root years ago, I somewhat get the process but for some reason I am have a not successful on any of my initial efforts.

Any help would be great.
Thanks will be given

MSNemitz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNemitz View Post
This just isn't working for me haha.

I tried to root my T-Mobile Samsung Note 3 originally using Kingo ... Got stuck in bootloop.
So I turned to Chainfire with Odin, that worked.

I tried to install TWRP recovery by Goomanager ... Booted in recovery and I would get a dead android with a red exclamation point.
I tried to install TWRP via Odin ... Booted in recovery and I would get a dead android with a red exclamation point.

I used to Root years ago, I somewhat get the process but for some reason I am have a not successful on any of my initial efforts.

Any help would be great.
Thanks will be given
UPDATE ... I got it to work. Apparently I had a old file. Got the newest TWRP and installed on Odin and we are good to go