Galaxy S3 lags

OP xSharpi

10th May 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 9

109 posts
So I don't remember the last time an S3 was this slow but I'm feeling I don't even wanna use it anymore because if it. I'm running stock 4.3 TW UI and it lags quite a bit. Scrolling through me u opening etc. I've used the AT&T version and it runs flawlessly while my T-Mobile S3 lags like crazy even on simple games like Clash of Clans. I've factory reset before and would like to continue using the phone so any help would be great

-Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th May 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,395

9,095 posts
Donate to Me
More
But have you factory reset recently? I know im always sating to do this to everyone but its the best way to know if its an app or corrupt data or is it more likely to be hardware. Id odin flash the firmware and factory reset. If its still having issues when running clean it is very possibly a hw problem. Maybe the battery is just getting old and weak and cant provided enough "push"....
Or if youve got old data you keep restoring, it might be having issues trying to read from it.
If you dont want to do all that then at least check show processes in dev options, check whats using the most battery and maybe try the logcat and event logger apps to see whats running.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
10th May 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 24

326 posts
I know it sounds silly, but just check to see how many browser tabs are open in any web browsers you have installed. When there are more than three tabs open in chrome, my phone gets noticeably slower in the UI. I don't play clash of clans, but I have both Dead Triggers and for I while I was playing whatever the latest Modern Combat was. It's surprising to me how capable the SIII GPU is.
11th May 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 26

164 posts
Flash new rom. You will love it then

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread