Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Carbon seems to work on VZW M8

Tip us?
 
Mike02z
Old
(Last edited by Mike02z; 11th May 2014 at 03:10 AM.)
#1  
Mike02z's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 322
Posts: 866
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: To Hell and Back
Thumbs up Carbon seems to work on VZW M8

So I decided to see if the latest Carbon build works on the VZW M8. I have been testing since 1:00 PM EST and its running really well. Some spoty BT issues but overall very solid.

Check out this thread in the main HTC M8 forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2746834





HTC One (M8)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900
Microsoft Surface Pro 128
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike02z For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pjim
Old
#2  
pjim's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 302
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego
The AOSP roms have made me forget all about Sense. In fact I would go as far to say even the early builds are more stable than stock. Carbon, Liquid smooth and especially Cyanogenmod are awesome, on a month old phone!

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
RikRong
Old
#3  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 407
Posts: 1,123
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
So I decided to see if the latest Carbon build works on the VZW M8. I have been testing since 1:00 PM EST and its running really well. Some spoty BT issues but overall very solid.

Check out this thread in the main HTC M8 forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2746834
Yeah, it seems that all the AOSP ROMs are running pretty well on VZW. I'll be loading up Slim as soon as the few bugs that are left are worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjim View Post
The AOSP roms have made me forget all about Sense. In fact I would go as far to say even the early builds are more stable than stock. Carbon, Liquid smooth and especially Cyanogenmod are awesome, on a month old phone!

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I wouldn't say they're more stable than stock, yet. There are still a few bugs in all the AOSP ROMs. They'll be perfect soon enough, though. I am running Slim on all of my other devices. I'm just waiting for it to be perfect on the M8 and I'll flash it.
 
mchief298
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 390
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Casper

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjim View Post
The AOSP roms have made me forget all about Sense. In fact I would go as far to say even the early builds are more stable than stock. Carbon, Liquid smooth and especially Cyanogenmod are awesome, on a month old phone!

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Spotty Wi-Fi, Bluetooth has a couple of issues, GPS is semi-broken.. Wouldn't quite call these more stable than stock quite yet.
My philosophy is that if your "contribution" to the community has a giant DONATE button in the center of the page? It isn't worth the download.

Devices - Verizon
  • Galaxy S3 (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy S4 MDK (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Traded for M7
  • HTC M7 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Sold
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Sold
  • Galaxy S3 (Unrooted, Stock) - Edged Up
  • HTC M8 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Current Device
The Following User Says Thank You to mchief298 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pjim
Old
#5  
pjim's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 302
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief298 View Post
Spotty Wi-Fi, Bluetooth has a couple of issues, GPS is semi-broken.. Wouldn't quite call these more stable than stock quite yet.
I guess speaking from my own experience, the wifi at the places I use it has been great, never an issue, home, work, etc. And Bluetooth works as well. I don't use a headset, but I work at a rental car company and it paired and worked fine on 6 different cars, as hands free and music player, never a glitch. In fact pairs in seconds, stock always took much longer, sometimes timing out. Gps locks instantly and is accurate, checked it against my boats gps. Used liquid smooth for couple days and went to CM when I saw it available. They work the same. Fortunately, I have had a better experience than most I suppose.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes