Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 45,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New to L720T, trouble keeping data connection

Tip us?

brewsbro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default New to L720T, trouble keeping data connection

Hi, I have been searching for info, but not really seeing a lot. Wife just got the S4 L720T, with NC6, and it doesn't keep a data connection very well. Connection drops a lot. In spots were my Note 2 has strong signal and constant data connection, the S4 has signal also, but data is off/on.

Wife told me she took some update this morning while on phone with sprint activating phone. That must have took it to NC6 I guess? I rooted with the CF-auto root for L720. the only issue has been the poor off/on data connection most the day. I did do a hands free activation, ##72786#, and things are a bit better. did all the update profile stuff.

Is there something i could have done? is it just this triband antenna?

thx for reading.

leaderbuilder
Old
Thanks Meter 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsbro View Post
Hi, I have been searching for info, but not really seeing a lot. Wife just got the S4 L720T, with NC6, and it doesn't keep a data connection very well. Connection drops a lot. In spots were my Note 2 has strong signal and constant data connection, the S4 has signal also, but data is off/on.

Wife told me she took some update this morning while on phone with sprint activating phone. That must have took it to NC6 I guess? I rooted with the CF-auto root for L720. the only issue has been the poor off/on data connection most the day. I did do a hands free activation, ##72786#, and things are a bit better. did all the update profile stuff.

Is there something i could have done? is it just this triband antenna?

thx for reading.
Sounds like hardware. I'd take it back and have it replace before they give you any crap.
* NAE ROMs * NAE Modem * 4.4 Kernels * MF9 Bootloader *

if you've found any of my blathering useful, there is a thanks button that can be hit.
The Following User Says Thank You to leaderbuilder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]