Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,789 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][Help]No recovery mode and only LG screen appears

Tip us?

tankerkiller125
Old
(Last edited by tankerkiller125; 5th May 2014 at 08:59 PM.) Reason: Added more information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q][Help]No recovery mode and only LG screen appears

OK so I'll describe my situation as best as I can. Over the weekend I rooted my LG G2 from Verizon. It was great however I saw the camera mod for the LG G2 that gave it $k video recoding and so forth so on. I attempted to install then found out I needed twrp. So I installed 2.7 but then the recovery mode didn't work. I found a page to fix it but it was late at night and I went to bed. I then woke up and used the root browser extracted the camera mods files and copy pasted them into the correct directories forgetting about the recovery mode being broken I also didn't have a backup.
My Follow issues not include.
  • Boot only takes me too the LG screen and no further
  • Upon trying access with ADB I get error of no perms
  • No recovery mode. And even using the power and volume down button don't take me to the recovery screen. If you have a fix please tell me!

If it helps Ubuntu 14.04 Does see the device kinda. I can't access the files on it or anything but adb does say that a unrecognized device is their. Also I am currently waiting to see if letting it completely die will help.

stillblaze01
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default did you get it fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankerkiller125 View Post
OK so I'll describe my situation as best as I can. Over the weekend I rooted my LG G2 from Verizon. It was great however I saw the camera mod for the LG G2 that gave it $k video recoding and so forth so on. I attempted to install then found out I needed twrp. So I installed 2.7 but then the recovery mode didn't work. I found a page to fix it but it was late at night and I went to bed. I then woke up and used the root browser extracted the camera mods files and copy pasted them into the correct directories forgetting about the recovery mode being broken I also didn't have a backup.
My Follow issues not include.
  • Boot only takes me too the LG screen and no further
  • Upon trying access with ADB I get error of no perms
  • No recovery mode. And even using the power and volume down button don't take me to the recovery screen. If you have a fix please tell me!

If it helps Ubuntu 14.04 Does see the device kinda. I can't access the files on it or anything but adb does say that a unrecognized device is their. Also I am currently waiting to see if letting it completely die will help.
Just wondering if you found a fix I just got a g2 in sounds about the same bootloops into lg screen no recovery no download mode nothing much of anything im about to connect to my laptop wich runs linux to see what can be seen