Should I update to KK?

OP Naturesretard

7th May 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 147

2,168 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulisola

No, not OTA, I upgraded with mobile odin. Still have root and knox warranty is intact.

That's interesting. Based on what I read, upgrading to 4.4 via Odin will trip Knox. I had to use a different root method - the one that require downloading an app on my Mac. I forgot what it's called now..
8th May 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello my note 3 is on 4.3 baseband MI7 and recently I have been getting a message to update to 4.4.2. I am getting annoyed with this message as I get it several times a day. Should I just upgrade or is there a way to stop this message from popping up?
8th May 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
Originally Posted by sleepyzero

Hello my note 3 is on 4.3 baseband MI7 and recently I have been getting a message to update to 4.4.2. I am getting annoyed with this message as I get it several times a day. Should I just upgrade or is there a way to stop this message from popping up?

Did you click the update software selection in the settings or did it just prompt you to update even though you didn't do anything at all? Also has it actually downloaded the software yet or is it just telling you that the software is available? If you don't care about SD write access you could update. I personally will never update to Kit Kat because I lose too much functionality and gain nothing. Try deleting the cache and if worst comes to worst you can factory reset your phone. You can also turn off one of the system update apps. I never got a notification update after I turned that off. I hope you can keep Kit Kat off your phone. It won't be the same if you update and you can NEVER go back.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMage619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I can't get the screenshot I took to work but It say congratulations T mobile has sent you a new software update.4.4.2 Kit Kat It just prompted me one day to update and ever since then I get this message 2 to 3 times a day. My phone works fine but the message is getting annoying asking if I want to start or postpone. Do you think resetting my phone will get rid of this message? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
9th May 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #35  
Flag Mesa AZ
Thanks Meter: 556

2,314 posts
More
You can get it to stop by changing the build.prop file and entering a higher version number. I don't recall the exact details, but it should be easy enough to locate. You have to be root however.
9th May 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #36  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 56

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwarrior

That's interesting. Based on what I read, upgrading to 4.4 via Odin will trip Knox. I had to use a different root method - the one that require downloading an app on my Mac. I forgot what it's called now..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=67

Follow the instructions here. It worked for me. Make sure to thank the original person for posting this if it works for you

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMage619

Did you click the update software selection in the settings or did it just prompt you to update even though you didn't do anything at all? Also has it actually downloaded the software yet or is it just telling you that the software is available? If you don't care about SD write access you could update. I personally will never update to Kit Kat because I lose too much functionality and gain nothing. Try deleting the cache and if worst comes to worst you can factory reset your phone. You can also turn off one of the system update apps. I never got a notification update after I turned that off. I hope you can keep Kit Kat off your phone. It won't be the same if you update and you can NEVER go back.

I liked Kitkat (rooted). I feel it is faster, smoother, more stable, better Google Now (Yes, I use it a lot), better battery life (might just be placebo). Of course, since I am rooted, I have the SD fix too, and not to mention the amazing xposed modules. The best thing is, if you are still in 4.3, you can root without tripping knox warranty and update to have rooted kitkat. I gained a lot and lost nothing Even the stupid ISIS works.
The Following User Says Thank You to CravingMender9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #37  
Flag iloilo
Thanks Meter: 36

400 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulisola

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=67

Follow the instructions here. It worked for me. Make sure to thank the original person for posting this if it works for you

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I liked Kitkat (rooted). I feel it is faster, smoother, more stable, better Google Now (Yes, I use it a lot), better battery life (might just be placebo). Of course, since I am rooted, I have the SD fix too, and not to mention the amazing xposed modules. The best thing is, if you are still in 4.3, you can root without tripping knox warranty and update to have rooted kitkat. I gained a lot and lost nothing Even the stupid ISIS works.

Haha yes! That's exactly true!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread