Stock ROM + Rooted, Can Connect to Google Play Store but apps wont download...

11th May 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
So my saga continues, i apparently bought a "development" build of a KF 8.9 HD off Craigslist. It was broken according to him so i just reflashed it and it seems to function with one exception. I say this because my tablet id is "Jem-DVT-Eng-03" which someone said is the last engineering build. Where this guy got it i dont know.

Upon a clean flash with KFHD Restore tool i couldnt connect to google...some searching and it seemed i had to edit my hosts file. Did that, now i can sign into google and log into the Play store.

The problem is when i try to download something from the store it just sits at "Downloading...." and will never progress. I know its not my wireless, because at this same time i can search for the APK for some app on google, go download it and install it via Play Store no problem.

Im starting to wonder if there is some other file to edit, or Ip to add to my hosts file so that Play Store can download properly...ive checked and cleared my Download Manager and Downloads apps which are both running as well as many reboots and it doesnt change.

If you read my previous thread, trying cyanogenmod or any other roms with their equivilent GApps just crashes Google Play immediately when i start the download, or wont start Google Play store without crashing...atleast the stock one doesnt do that. But it wont download either...

I should also note this is ONLY for apps, videos, and games. I can stream/listen to music and read books off the market fine...which is even more confusing.

EDIT UPDATE
So i stumbled upon something that may help you guys help me. I found out that if i have items in play store stuck in "downloading...", when i turn off my kindle and turn it back on when it starts up it downloads the first item, installs it and everything works. Then the second item tries to download, and the download bar just fills up, then goes back to zero, fills up and goes back to zero. If i restart again that one app will actually download and install. So to install 4 apps i have to queue them all up and then restart my kindle 4 times...better than it was before but hopefully this gives some insight into whats happening? Also apps that require an update dont update until i restart the Kindle.
Last edited by arsenic0; 11th May 2014 at 02:00 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread