Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,911 Members 49,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GSM Shooteru S-OFF OK but something locked boot after HTCDEV unlock. Stuck!

Tip us?

Pacattack
Old
Thanks Meter 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaltoast View Post
Great - thanks! OK, going to take 2 hours (slow broadband) - is there anything I should be reading while I wait? How does it install?
Are there instructions?

And once I am back to stock, default (bootloader?) how should I proceed differently to getting KitKat on here?

These were the instructions I had put together before from other guides: https://gist.github.com/digitaltoast/11364569

My mistake this time was flashing the radio - perhaps there are other different things I should be doing too?

Thanks again for your help.
This is how I would do it

1.Just run the ruu.exe file on the windows pc
Follow instructions.
If the install works, you should have a default ICS with s-off.

2.installing 4ext recovery.
Download this image from here.. http://db.tt/1QYlMnp5
adb Command "......... fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
Must be in fastboot mode ...
OR even better for flashing stuff, use android flasher from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=794638, be careful........

Once you have 4ext recovery, install via recovery, a root or a rooted rom

download 4EXT Recovery Updater app from http://4ext.net/
install via sdcard or adb command "......... install 4EXTRecoveryUpdater.apk"

run app and tap on update, it will find you model etc ... select the latest .. install

Backup in recovery (just in case)

Click my thanks box if this helps

digitaltoast
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacattack View Post
This is how I would do it
1.Just run the ruu.exe file on the windows pc
Follow instructions.
If the install works, you should have a default ICS with s-off.
Thanks - just tried it, it says:

Remember, I already have ICS with s-off, that's not the tricky bit. It's that something has relocked the bootloader, and I don't seem to

There's no point me running it if it's going to just install ICS over the top of my ICS, on the other hand, if it also unlocks my bootloader and allows me to install 4ext, then that's good, but I can't see any suggestion that it'll do this.

I'd like to know a bit more about what the RUU.exe app does if I leave it to run. Where can I find the docs for it?

Pacattack
Old
(Last edited by Pacattack; 11th May 2014 at 12:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaltoast View Post
Thanks - just tried it, it says:

Remember, I already have ICS with s-off, that's not the tricky bit. It's that something has relocked the bootloader, and I don't seem to

There's no point me running it if it's going to just install ICS over the top of my ICS, on the other hand, if it also unlocks my bootloader and allows me to install 4ext, then that's good, but I can't see any suggestion that it'll do this.

I'd like to know a bit more about what the RUU.exe app does if I leave it to run. Where can I find the docs for it?
ruu.exe is the full rom, including everything, this will wipe you phone clean, its made by HTC !!!!

Have you tried flashing 4ext recovery with android flasher yet ???

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

ps ... unlock adb/fastboot command is "fastboot oem unlock" with phone in fastboot mode