Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 51,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HBOOT looking for diagnostic files - how can I stop messages from appearing?

Tip us?

hanginwithdaddo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybee1 View Post
Try taking your sd card out and then booting into hboot, does it still do it. I remember when I had my desire z, it used to do that with the sd card in, would be checking for a firmware update file or something.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Amazing! Something so simple!!!!! That was it. After pulling my sd card the message went away! I don't know why I did not notice this before, and that is the difference between the two M8's that we own, one has an sd card installed and the other does not. Placing the sd card in the second device then generates the same messages when selecting hboot.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for reply!!!!

dannybee1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanginwithdaddo View Post
Amazing! Something so simple!!!!! That was it. After pulling my sd card the message went away! I don't know why I did not notice this before, and that is the difference between the two M8's that we own, one has an sd card installed and the other does not. Placing the sd card in the second device then generates the same messages when selecting hboot.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for reply!!!!
Your welcome. Just make sure you don't have any files named the same as the ones it says it's trying to load, else it will try to load them and may break your phone if there not correct. But don't panic, you won't have these files on your sd card unless you specifically put them there. I just remember from when I had my HTC desire z, this would be how you would go about updating your firmware.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk