Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

So this gap issue?

OP ILS_SuperNova

6th May 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 65

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kersey

From looking at these photo's mine too could be classed as having the gap on the top right but to be honest if I wasn't purposely looking for it and hadn't been made aware of it I wouldn't have known...and to be honest doesn't really spoil my enjoyment of the phone.

Not to cause anyone offense, yes we would all like a 100% perfectly built phone, especially at the premium price but I personally think the gap issue is being blown out of proportion and we are all spending time looking for issues with our phone rather than enjoying them.

Surely there is more to the waterproofing internally than just the screen being aligned correctly. I for one will still be treating my phone with respect and not dipping it in water to test it's waterproof capabilities.For me it's a safety net e.g. If I get caught in the rain and my phone gets wet rather than using it in the bath or shower.

Each to their own I know guys but i for one am loving this phone, the speakers are fantastic, great battery life and excellent screen .

Much the same to me as well, heck I didn't even realise there was a problem with my phone for example and the fact is you really have to look up close to see it.

I decided to get my phone insured anyway just to be on the safe side.
9th May 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 5

133 posts
Deleted.
Last edited by kamalaggi; 10th May 2014 at 12:24 AM.
10th May 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 21

176 posts
can someone post pictures without the gap issue so I know what its supposed to look like

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th May 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 74

402 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnknown

can someone post pictures without the gap issue so I know what its supposed to look like

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you have the gap then you will notice it if not, then not. If you have ever seen iPad screen for example then you will notice that the glass sits perfectly edge to edge with the plastic frame around not like on z2 where you can put a sheet of paper between glass and frame.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
11th May 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 40

68 posts
Just by looking at the phone I wasn't really able to tell if I had a gap or not. I noticed that some other users have said that the gap was large enough to fit a piece of paper in between so I tried that. The paper was able to get through the top right and bottom left corners of the screen, but honestly I probably would not have noticed it if there hadn't been so much commotion over it. Don't know how this affects the phone's ability to resist water but I have been washing my phone under the sink for more than two weeks now and everything seems fine. At least for my Z2, it seems more of an imperfection from the plastic mold rather than a misalignment of the glass panel.
The Following User Says Thank You to napkun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #36  
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by napkun

Just by looking at the phone I wasn't really able to tell if I had a gap or not. I noticed that some other users have said that the gap was large enough to fit a piece of paper in between so I tried that. The paper was able to get through the top right and bottom left corners of the screen, but honestly I probably would not have noticed it if there hadn't been so much commotion over it. Don't know how this affects the phone's ability to resist water but I have been washing my phone under the sink for more than two weeks now and everything seems fine. At least for my Z2, it seems more of an imperfection from the plastic mold rather than a misalignment of the glass panel.

This.

I'm not washing mine in the sink just because I don't really want to risk it. I live in Norway where it rains all the freaking time so I was interested in the waterproofing merely so I don't have to worry using it outside. But I could say the same thing about my gap. It is barely noticeable, and I would not have noticed it if it were not mentioned so much by others. It is interesting to read all this stuff, but it is a bit like looking up medical symptoms online. You'll drive yourself crazy over analyzing everything. All I know is I love this phone. My wife has started calling it my precious.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread