Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC ONE - S-OFF but Old Software (4.2.2). Can I flash 4.4.2 Straight away?

Tip us?

5fifty5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC ONE - S-OFF but Old Software (4.2.2). Can I flash 4.4.2 Straight away?

Apologies if I am breaking any rules but I thought it was best and quicker to get an answer with a new thread.

After 6 years of staying away from HTC and Flashing I am back at it again but I need some help for now please. Listed below is the phone information:

Quote:
***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***

M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-1111111
HBOOT-1.54.0000
RADIO-4A.17.3250.14
OS-2.24.401.0

HBOOT
I would like to upgrade to latest KitKat Android Revolution HD ROM V53.0.

Can someone tell me if it is possible by simply downloading the file and flashing it since I already have S-OFF? Or do I have to go back to stock, upgrade to latest version of stock Rom and then do the whole procedure of how to flash a custom ROM? I am sure it can't be the latter but since it has been a while with flashing and everything, I would like to be certain.

5fifty5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If someone can list the steps I need to do (if any) to upgrade easily, that would me much appreciated. I've spent the whole weekend trying to figure it out but .....

Also, Will I have to upgrade the firmware?

RareAir23
Old
Thanks Meter 12
You can absolutely flash ARHD and will get good results, flashing the most up to date firmware will ensure the best results.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Sent from my HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to RareAir23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

5fifty5
Old
(Last edited by 5fifty5; 11th May 2014 at 09:48 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareAir23 View Post
You can absolutely flash ARHD and will get good results, flashing the most up to date firmware will ensure the best results.

Right then. I flashed the ROM and it was successful. However, it's going into teamwin (recovery?) all the time. restarted a number of time but it always goes into recovery.

None of the info I posted ealrier has changed either, EXCEPT OS which is onw 2.24.401.8 !

I forgot to mention earlier that it had some chinese Rom flshed on it. Have I done something wrong?

I haven't flashed the new firmware yet btw! Could someone also suggest the correct version for ARHD V53 ?

Cheers

RareAir23
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Which version of TWRP? Need 2.6.3.3 per the ARHD OP

Sent from my HTC One

5fifty5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Which version of TWRP? Need 2.6.3.3 per the ARHD OP

How can I upgrade that please? I am on 2.6.3.0

Will 2.7 work?

RareAir23
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Sounds like you need to do a bit more reading before you get yourself into a jam. Download the. Img for 2.6.3.3 and use flashify from the market

Sent from my HTC One

5fifty5
Old
(Last edited by 5fifty5; 11th May 2014 at 12:46 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Sounds like you need to do a bit more reading before you get yourself into a jam. Download the. Img for 2.6.3.3 and use flashify from the market

Sorry. Just read it here

This says that I need to use 2.7.0.2. A bit confused but inclined towards newer version as mentioned in latter.

Will I have to reinstall using newer version of TWRP?

Do I have to upgrade the firmware though? I mean I could do it later. Right now I just want to fire it up

RareAir23
Old
Thanks Meter 12
You need to install whatever version of twrp you want then reflash the rom. Best of luck

Sent from my HTC One

The Following User Says Thank You to RareAir23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]