Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery Problem

Tip us?

satap01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Battery Problem

hi,

Phone Model : HTC Sensation Z710e

Since I upgrade (official upgrade) to ICS 4.0.3 my battery is having an unusual problem. Say if I charged the phone to 100% and keep it, the next morning the battery drains out to almost dead without any wi-fi,bluetooth,data connection.

I have tested some other things as well, after it is 100% charged, if i power off the phone, remove battery and put it back and power on the phone, it still drains like 4% of battery in that 1 minute. Sometimes it is more. I have checked the battery and it is in good health.

Could it be due to the OS or something? How do I fix it? Please suggest

Thanks

Lingesan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Charging might help

Quote:
Originally Posted by satap01 View Post
hi,

Since I upgrade (official upgrade) to ICS 4.0.3 my battery is having an unusual problem. Say if I charged the phone to 100% and keep it, the next morning the battery drains out to almost dead without any wi-fi,bluetooth,data connection.

I have tested some other things as well, after it is 100% charged, if i power off the phone, remove battery and put it back and power on the phone, it still drains like 4% of battery in that 1 minute. Sometimes it is more. I have checked the battery and it is in good health.

Thanks
If your phone is not rooted then first drain your battery below 10% and then switch off the phone. Then charge it to 100% in the off state. Now disconnect the charger and turn on the phone. It will not bring a drastic change. So don't blame me if it doesn't work.
If you have any idea of rooting, then I would prefer clearing battery stats using clockwork mod.

hartlezzevolved
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by satap01 View Post
hi,

Thanks
Check running apps on settings - battery - (varies from versions of os settings - battery usage) From there you can see what apps eats the battery eg. Facebook eats 23% Android system eats 70% or whatever (example only dude ) Or just buy a new battery

satap01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have done full drain and full recharged several times. I might try that clearing battery mod.
Secondly, I have already mentioned that my problem is not with battery.

Any other ideas would be appreciated

Thanks