Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Proximity sensor

Tip us?

roxicodine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Proximity sensor

So I have the survivor case by griffin technology and it seems to block the sensor. Every time I need to make a call or answer a call I have to take the top portion off to answer or hang up the call. Is there an app to disable the sensron

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

mrzhadow
Old
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxicodine View Post
So I have the survivor case by griffin technology and it seems to block the sensor. Every time I need to make a call or answer a call I have to take the top portion off to answer or hang up the call. Is there an app to disable the sensron

Open your dialer and push menu and go to call settings. Disable turn off screen during calls. It will keep the screen on so you can make our hang up calls manually.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrzhadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PanchoPlanet
Old
Thanks Meter 626

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxicodine View Post

Try darkening the area around the opening to the proximity sensor.

## Found this in android forums ##

Alister, what is the color(s) of your Otterbox? Mine is the grey/white, and I solved my prob, just like yours, by darkening the area just above the proximity sensor with a fine-tipped black Magic Marker pen. Additionally, you can get an app that tests all of your S4's sensors, including the proximity. Mine is called Z-Device test, and works great. Get back..

Pp.

sent from my bluetooth controlled toaster that also takes pictures.
Sent from my Ginger infused Asus G73.

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzhadow View Post
Open your dialer and push menu and go to call settings. Disable turn off screen during calls. It will keep the screen on so you can make our hang up calls manually.

For reference to anyone else finding this thread, this will only work on TouchWiz roms. AOSP rom's typicaly don't have the option to disable the proximity sensor.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

JessSayin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzhadow View Post

I don't have that option in the settings of CM11. In my case I can't get the screen to come BACK ON during a call when I pull it from my face. So much for using the dialpad during an automated menu call..

mrzhadow
Old
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessSayin View Post
I don't have that option in the settings of CM11. In my case I can't get the screen to come BACK ON during a call when I pull it from my face. So much for using the dialpad during an automated menu call..
My apologies! I didn't realize you were using CM. Its been a long time since I used it so I'm no longer familiar with it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3789
You can cut out or drill the case where it overhangs the sensor.

Sent from your phone. You should be more careful where you leave that thing.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!