Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Proximity sensor

OP roxicodine

8th May 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 23

312 posts
More
So I have the survivor case by griffin technology and it seems to block the sensor. Every time I need to make a call or answer a call I have to take the top portion off to answer or hang up the call. Is there an app to disable the sensron

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
8th May 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Marysville WA
Thanks Meter: 464

813 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxicodine

So I have the survivor case by griffin technology and it seems to block the sensor. Every time I need to make a call or answer a call I have to take the top portion off to answer or hang up the call. Is there an app to disable the sensron

Open your dialer and push menu and go to call settings. Disable turn off screen during calls. It will keep the screen on so you can make our hang up calls manually.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mrzhadow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #3  
Flag Crooklyn
Thanks Meter: 646

2,498 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxicodine

Try darkening the area around the opening to the proximity sensor.

## Found this in android forums ##

Alister, what is the color(s) of your Otterbox? Mine is the grey/white, and I solved my prob, just like yours, by darkening the area just above the proximity sensor with a fine-tipped black Magic Marker pen. Additionally, you can get an app that tests all of your S4's sensors, including the proximity. Mine is called Z-Device test, and works great. Get back..

Pp.

sent from my bluetooth controlled toaster that also takes pictures.
9th May 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 3,940

4,993 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzhadow

Open your dialer and push menu and go to call settings. Disable turn off screen during calls. It will keep the screen on so you can make our hang up calls manually.

For reference to anyone else finding this thread, this will only work on TouchWiz roms. AOSP rom's typicaly don't have the option to disable the proximity sensor.
11th May 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzhadow

I don't have that option in the settings of CM11. In my case I can't get the screen to come BACK ON during a call when I pull it from my face. So much for using the dialpad during an automated menu call..
11th May 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #6  
Flag Marysville WA
Thanks Meter: 464

813 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessSayin

I don't have that option in the settings of CM11. In my case I can't get the screen to come BACK ON during a call when I pull it from my face. So much for using the dialpad during an automated menu call..

My apologies! I didn't realize you were using CM. Its been a long time since I used it so I'm no longer familiar with it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
11th May 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 3,940

4,993 posts
More
You can cut out or drill the case where it overhangs the sensor.

Sent from your phone. You should be more careful where you leave that thing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread