FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Play Store Question

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By Celtish, Junior Member on 11th May 2014, 04:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good evening All,

I have the Pro 8.4 and I must say that I'm loving it so far. That said, I have also used CyanogenMod before and would love to put it on this tab. I do have a concern however. Whereas I have never had to buy productivity apps before, I have for this tab as I'll be using it for business as well as pleasure. I have heard around the interwebs of the Play store acting wonky. Any truth to this?

I'd hate to have to give up on having Cyanogen on this tab because I can't use apps that I need and paid for. Any advise would be appreciated.

By the way, I have rooted and put CM on other devices before. This is just the first time I have ever needed to put any type of GApp on it afterwards.

* I should say: putting the Play store on a custom rom....

11th May 2014, 12:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6,738

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtish

Good evening All,

I have the Pro 8.4 and I must say that I'm loving it so far. That said, I have also used CyanogenMod before and would love to put it on this tab. I do have a concern however. Whereas I have never had to buy productivity apps before, I have for this tab as I'll be using it for business as well as pleasure. I have heard around the interwebs of the Play store acting wonky. Any truth to this?

I'd hate to have to give up on having Cyanogen on this tab because I can't use apps that I need and paid for. Any advise would be appreciated.

By the way, I have rooted and put CM on other devices before. This is just the first time I have ever needed to put any type of GApp on it afterwards.

* I should say: putting the Play store on a custom rom....

You have had to install GApps for CM on all devices for a long time (since CM7 maybe?) . GApps are the Google proprietary code that you are only allowed to redistribute if you have a contractual agreement with Google and pass CTS. Only the 1+1 CM11s fits into that category, all other CM builds do not and therefore they do not distribute the proprietary code as they are not legally entitled to.

I have no problems with the Play Store.
11th May 2014, 02:12 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
You
Thanks for the response Crpalmer. I had known that you would have to put it on seperately. I should have been more clear prior. I had never put them back on as I didn't need the functionality. I now need it however and just wanted to make are that my purchases would carry over. Afain, thanks for the response.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)