Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nanodroid back up question.

OP tkienzle

3rd May 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

255 posts
Hello I've never really used it before can I back up just the apps with this and restore them after I flash a different rom?
Currently I'm on skydragon google play edition but want to try viperone and don't want to re-install all my apps again.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated..
3rd May 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 284

696 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkienzle

Hello I've never really used it before can I back up just the apps with this and restore them after I flash a different rom?
Currently I'm on skydragon google play edition but want to try viperone and don't want to re-install all my apps again.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

That's not recommended using a nandriod backup to replace your data partition when switching to a different ROM. What you can do is use Titanium Backup to backup all your user apps with data, and then restore them after you've flashed a new ROM.

FYI, only backup and restore "User" apps with Titanium when switching ROM's.
3rd May 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
Flag S.E. Florida
Thanks Meter: 324

1,800 posts
Donate to Me
+1 to what guyd said. I paid for the titanium backup app years ago and I use it every day. Don't really know what the free version doesn't have compared to the paid. I never restore system data though. Makes flashing roms and setting them up sooo much quicker.
4th May 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

255 posts
Thank you very much will do and if there is a pro version I will buy got to support your developers!!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
4th May 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 213

594 posts
Free version does not allow message or favorites backup easily. It also doesn't allow cloud backup. Great app. Well worth buying the paid version.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th May 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #6  
Flag Sarasota
Thanks Meter: 104

772 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

Free version does not allow message or favorites backup easily. It also doesn't allow cloud backup. Great app. Well worth buying the paid version.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

From what i've read, titanuim backup has had problems with restoring on the 4.4.2 platform. Has this been resolved yet? I never used it as I'm accustomed to ROM toolbox. I know that app works well.

Also not mentioned. Titanuim backup free doesn't allow you to batch restore which is a real biggie!
11th May 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 213

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianray14

From what i've read, titanuim backup has had problems with restoring on the 4.4.2 platform. Has this been resolved yet? I never used it as I'm accustomed to ROM toolbox. I know that app works well.

Also not mentioned. Titanuim backup free doesn't allow you to batch restore which is a real biggie!

I only restore data, never the app itself and I have never had a problem. Never restore system.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread