Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help reverting back to pure stock

Tip us?

BenSow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99 View Post
If the sdcard is empty, that means something is hogging your space somewhere in /data. What version of Android were you on before and now?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk
True enough /data has like 13gb as shown in the photo. I was from 4.3 and am on 4.0.4 now Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398559872741.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	2710906

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSow View Post
True enough /data has like 13gb as shown in the photo. I was from 4.3 and am on 4.0.4 now Attachment 2710906

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
Hmm, try searching in /data/media or download SD Maid from play store and let it search for junk.

BenSow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Hmm, try searching in /data/media or download SD Maid from play store and let it search for junk.

There are loads of files inside like 12GB. How do i clean that? I'm planning to flash a new rom already so might as well do it together, can it be done from cwm? Clearing /data directory. Also I can't find Slimsaber 4.3 to flash is it removed?

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 853
Quote:
There are loads of files inside like 12GB. How do i clean that? I'm planning to flash a new rom already so might as well do it together, can it be done from cwm? Clearing /data directory. Also I can't find Slimsaber 4.3 to flash is it removed?
You can try clearing /data, since that's what you need to do before a flash anyway. SlimSaber is here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48031725

BenSow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
You can try clearing /data, since that's what you need to do before a flash anyway. SlimSaber is here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48031725

Damn aren't you a fast one, will report how it goes after I've done everything, thanks alot man!

BenSow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:

Ok something bad happened, ended up flashing OMNI 4.3 and everything's fine but I have one issue. My current /sdcard directory is like inside the /sdcard directory of my previous ROM (stock) With file explorers and my PC I can only view the current /sdcard directory but when v"installing zip from sdcard" I can see that they created an entirely new /sdcard directory for my omni rom, inside my stock ROM's /sdcard directory ._. Can I fix this? I'm afraid of space issues later on

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 853
Quote:
Ok something bad happened, ended up flashing OMNI 4.3 and everything's fine but I have one issue. My current /sdcard directory is like inside the /sdcard directory of my previous ROM (stock) With file explorers and my PC I can only view the current /sdcard directory but when v"installing zip from sdcard" I can see that they created an entirely new /sdcard directory for my omni rom, inside my stock ROM's /sdcard directory ._. Can I fix this? I'm afraid of space issues later on
Ah man, I hate this problem.

Use a root browser and go to /data/media. Your files by right should be in /data/media/0 in 4.3 and above. If its still in /data/media, copy them and paste it inside the 0 directory. If its in /data/media/0/0/whatever, copy them out to the first 0. In /data/media there should only be 3 or 4 folders: 0, legacy, obb and if you're using cwm, the clockworkmod folder.