Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to install apktool

Tip us?

oracle01642
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Default [Q] How to install apktool

Hi all. Could someone please tell me how to install apktool on my laptop? I have installed java SDK and JRE, and android SDK. Downloaded numerous apktools, but they either don't work, or I cant install it because it doesn't recognise the command prompts???*

I have tried following a number of tutorials but I just can't seem to get apktool working/installed.

It's driving me crazy. I have been trying to edit my SystemUI and SecSettings and I just can't get apktool to work.*

PS; My phone is a galaxy S4 I9505 running 4.4.2. And my laptop is running windows 7

mahithlal
Old
(Last edited by mahithlal; 11th May 2014 at 03:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle01642 View Post
Hi all. Could someone please tell me how to install apktool on my laptop? I have installed java SDK and JRE, and android SDK. Downloaded numerous apktools, but they either don't work, or I cant install it because it doesn't recognise the command prompts???*

I have tried following a number of tutorials but I just can't seem to get apktool working/installed.

It's driving me crazy. I have been trying to edit my SystemUI and SecSettings and I just can't get apktool to work.*

PS; My phone is a galaxy S4 I9505 running 4.4.2. And my laptop is running windows 7
numerous apktools don't require any installation but sometimes it require to set the java path for apktool
and u can use one click apk for easy decompile and compile it doesn't require typing commands
download one click apk from below thread
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=873466
My DEVISES
XPERIA L C2104
GALAXY Y
XPERIA X10i dead

AbhiLP
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle01642 View Post

There's a mobile version too. Give it a try. It may be not as fast as pc version but it works for me everytime !

http://code.google.com/p/apktool/

"Donít use a userís thanks count to judge their helpfulness Ė it is by no means an example of how helpful a user is. Many of the most helpful users on XDA-Developers do not have the largest thanks counts, rather they quietly help out where needed, and donít post when they have nothing to say."