[Q] Blue screens and random reboot after flashing a ROM

OP tsienspicer

11th May 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello everybody

I have a Sony Xperia T, and when I got tired of the stock ROM (JB 4.1.2), updated with PC Companion to 4.3, and everything started to go wrong. While daily use, the screen sometimes turned blue and afterwards the phone rebooted. This happened approximately once a week.
Less frequently, the phone shut down and I couldn't turn it on tipically by holding power button for few seconds. Otherwise, I had to press volume up + power keys until first vibration (I read this simulates battery removal) in order to start my phone.
I thought it might be due to the new ROM, so I flashed CM 10.2, but I had the same problem. Recently, I tried with PACMAN ROM (my current firmware), but it could not solve the problem neither.
Few weeks ago I read that this bug might be a kernel issue, but I'm not quite sure. Do you have any idea about what happens? Flashing a new kernel would end the problem? In that case, which one do you recommend? My phone is rooted, bootloader unlocked and CWM v 6.04.

Thanks you all for your time

P.D.: I attach a screenshot with kernel, build, android version...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2014.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	2737045  
11th May 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Paradise City
Thanks Meter: 242

428 posts
More
i dont know why someone would try out pac rom, a rom without a good forum thread support. a rom which seems dead for our phone?
about cyanogenmod, i not use it...so i just can guess: maybe they still not use the new sony 4.3 kernel source...that could be a reason for bluescreens (same pac rom)?

so you have this options:

omnirom official nightlies by tilal6991
omnirom homebuilds by scanno
latest paranoid android by tilal6991
plain AOSP by Rimmer1966

these use new kernel source, no bluescreens, good user experience, daily driver material.
try out and become happy...

you can find them in xperia T forum, just look around

edit:
why you have android version 4.2.2? is that a bug? build date 1.aug 2013?
we have already awesome kitkat (android 4.4.2) roms (list above)^^
Last edited by immerblind; 11th May 2014 at 06:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to immerblind For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by immerblind

i dont know why someone would try out pac rom, a rom without a good forum thread support. a rom which seems dead for our phone?
about cyanogenmod, i not use it...so i just can guess: maybe they still not use the new sony 4.3 kernel source...that could be a reason for bluescreens (same pac rom)?

so you have this options:

omnirom official nightlies by tilal6991
omnirom homebuilds by scanno
latest paranoid android by tilal6991
plain AOSP by Rimmer1966

these use new kernel source, no bluescreens, good user experience, daily driver material.
try out and become happy...

you can find them in xperia T forum, just look around

edit:
why you have android version 4.2.2? is that a bug? build date 1.aug 2013?
we have already awesome kitkat (android 4.4.2) roms (list above)^^

First of all, thank you for your quick reply, I'll take it account
The reason why I tried with CM10.2 and Pacman ROM is that they are not nightlies. I don't totally rely on nightiles because of the many bugs ther're reported. Anyway, I'll try with some of the ROMs above.

Finally, I would like to know if I coud stay with my current ROM and solve my problem only by flashing a new kernel.

Thank you again ^^
11th May 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Paradise City
Thanks Meter: 242

428 posts
More
you dont rely on nightlies? wrong decision regarding omnirom, all on my above list is daily driver material (even the nightlies)
easy Kernelchange and keep this outdated pac rom with 4.2.2? NO!

its that simple. there is no reason to use such an outdated custom rom, no reason!
11th May 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Ok, I refused to change kernel, and flashed the third one of the list: "latest paranoid android by tilal6991" (I liked a review about it). However, the problem persists And that's a pity, because I love how the new ROM looks like
Take a look to the new screenshot of "About phone". The kernel version seems to be different to the one of the last cap. Any idea?
Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10338328_237867053079530_6388355888755589382_n.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	2737913  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread