Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 39,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]

Tip us?
 
z1 newbie
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Post [Q]

Hi guys im a newbie here i just got a z1 c6903 running on 14.3.A.0.757 with locked bootloader and it says it cant be unlocked
I need help to root it and the steps if possible #

Thanks in advance
 
eclyptos
Old
#2  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 612
Posts: 2,990
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Downgrade using Flashtool v0.9.16 to FW.534, Install DualRecovery from PC, Upgrade to Pre-Rooted .757 and follow the instruction which you will find on the thread by NUT. Done, now you are Rooted.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
 
HannibalSmith12
Old
#3  
HannibalSmith12's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 26
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1 newbie View Post
Hi guys im a newbie here i just got a z1 c6903 running on 14.3.A.0.757 with locked bootloader and it says it cant be unlocked
I need help to root it and the steps if possible #

Thanks in advance
You have to downgrade to other firmware version and root that. Then you can update to newer firmware without losing the root. There are many tutorials for downgrade+ root on the web. Its very easy don't worry, just do step by step.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HannibalSmith12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
z1 newbie
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannibalSmith12 View Post
You have to downgrade to other firmware version and root that. Then you can update to newer firmware without losing the root. There are many tutorials for downgrade+ root on the web. Its very easy don't worry, just do step by step.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Thanks mate im looking for the downgrading instructions but cant seem to find what i have to do . Is there any links you can show me plz
 
gregbradley
Old
#5  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3730
Posts: 8,847
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester
Look in the mega collection thread in the general section

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

 

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton


[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.


The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
HannibalSmith12
Old
(Last edited by HannibalSmith12; 11th May 2014 at 04:08 PM.)
#6  
HannibalSmith12's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 26
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1 newbie View Post
Thanks mate im looking for the downgrading instructions but cant seem to find what i have to do . Is there any links you can show me plz
That's what you need:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2572988

Edit: At the begin of the thread you can download the DualRecovery. Its easy to install because it has an installer. Just open it and follow its instructions and then connect your phone. After installing the recovery proceed with the steps in the guide.
Tell me if you need more help.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...