Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 44,661 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

about insurance of tmo S5

Tip us?

raman21raman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Question about insurance of tmo S5

Hi,
can anyone plz tell me like i purchased s5 from usa few days ago then i send it to india and claim tmo for lost my s5
they said they ll send me s5 soon...

can anyone please tell me is there any chance they can detect my previous fon or not??

Thanx...
DEVICES:HTC DESIRE HD>> LG OPTIMUS 3D>> HTC EVO 3D>> AT&T GALAXY NOTE>> SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 (MARBLE WHITE) .....>> HTC ONE X >> SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 (PEBBLE BLUE) LOL
>> SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II And HERE IS THE BEST PHONE>>> HTC ONE DEVELOPERS EDITIONAnd SAMSUNG GALAXY S4.. woww

05GT
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by raman21raman View Post
Hi,
can anyone plz tell me like i purchased s5 from usa few days ago then i send it to india and claim tmo for lost my s5
they said they ll send me s5 soon...

can anyone please tell me is there any chance they can detect my previous fon or not??

Thanx...
So basically insurance fraud.

- 15.4 Retina MBP | Microsoft SP3 128GB
- Verizon Galaxy S5 (Electric Blue) | Verizon LG G3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 05GT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dpshptl
Old
Thanks Meter 4
When the phone in India is turned on it will show up on the network as code X. This will make the network send a ultra high tone to the phone and cause permanent ear damage to the person using it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

raman21raman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
So basically insurance fraud.
actually the thing is my s5 got water damage due to charging port was open... i thot its not working now,a frnd of mine tk it to india, and told me u can ask ur company for insurence... but some how he got fix the fone from india... now thats the prob.,...

what shud i have to do ... shud i bring my fone back and return it to tmo or let him take it...

camera of the phone is not working and display gt hot alot...

DEVICES:HTC DESIRE HD>> LG OPTIMUS 3D>> HTC EVO 3D>> AT&T GALAXY NOTE>> SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 (MARBLE WHITE) .....>> HTC ONE X >> SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 (PEBBLE BLUE) LOL
>> SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II And HERE IS THE BEST PHONE>>> HTC ONE DEVELOPERS EDITIONAnd SAMSUNG GALAXY S4.. woww

05GT
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by raman21raman View Post
actually the thing is my s5 got water damage due to charging port was open... i thot its not working now,a frnd of mine tk it to india, and told me u can ask ur company for insurence... but some how he got fix the fone from india... now thats the prob.,...

what shud i have to do ... shud i bring my fone back and return it to tmo or let him take it...

camera of the phone is not working and display gt hot alot...

Yea, they typically would like the damaged device returned to them since they'll be giving you another device. Don't forget about your deductible.

- 15.4 Retina MBP | Microsoft SP3 128GB
- Verizon Galaxy S5 (Electric Blue) | Verizon LG G3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5