Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can't install unknown sources apk

Tip us?
 
teo_simon
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default can't install unknown sources apk

Hi,

I am unable to install unknown sources apk. My settings are already enabled for unknown sources in the security section. May I know how I can resolve this? It is the same for all apks that I have downloaded. I am not rooted.

Thanks
 
Ben Ling
Old
#2  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 6736
Posts: 3,858
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by teo_simon View Post
Hi,

I am unable to install unknown sources apk. My settings are already enabled for unknown sources in the security section. May I know how I can resolve this? It is the same for all apks that I have downloaded. I am not rooted.

Thanks
tried to install apps from Play Store?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium




Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work
 
teo_simon
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2010
Ok I subsequently found the problem. It's due a software screen filter that I have on. Once I disabled it everything works fine. Weird but it works
The Following User Says Thank You to teo_simon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LordManhattan
Old
#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5649
Posts: 15,002
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kepler-34b
Quote:
Originally Posted by teo_simon View Post
Ok I subsequently found the problem. It's due a software screen filter that I have on. Once I disabled it everything works fine. Weird but it works
Hahah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the same issue on my Galaxy Note. I noticed that it wouldn't install unknown APK every time I lay in bed at night, until I switched off the filter and then it worked.

Just imagine how many people have had or are having issues with this right now

Sent from my Z Ultra
 
teo_simon
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 18
Join Date: Mar 2010
Ya man.. So hopefully my post here will be able to help some people out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
Hahah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I had the same issue on my Galaxy Note. I noticed that it wouldn't install unknown APK every time I lay in bed at night, until I switched off the filter and then it worked.

Just imagine how many people have had or are having issues with this right now

Sent from my Z Ultra
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes