[Q] Downgrade or LG assistance?

11th May 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello, I have a big issue with my LG G2.
The proximity sensor doesn't work, many times when I call the screen doesnt' turn off. I also have some problem with gravity sensor, the screen doesn't rotate. I check sensors answer with an app, and the sensor values holds at 0.
After a reboot gravity sensor works for a while, the proxyimity on the contrary doen't work after a reboot, it works when it want for few minutes and no more.
I tried to remove the screenprotector and to do an hard reset, but I got the same issues also before app and account restore.

Now I don't know if I should send it to assistance of to try to downgrade to android 4.2, what do you think?
May I lose warranty if I try to downgrade?

It is a bit strange issue because sensor sometimes works so I can't be an hardware problem. However I don't remember this issue with the first os versione 4.2 but only after the update to kitkat.

Thank you for your suggestions.
11th May 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 146

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiascapin

Hello, I have a big issue with my LG G2.
The proximity sensor doesn't work, many times when I call the screen doesnt' turn off. I also have some problem with gravity sensor, the screen doesn't rotate. I check sensors answer with an app, and the sensor values holds at 0.
After a reboot gravity sensor works for a while, the proxyimity on the contrary doen't work after a reboot, it works when it want for few minutes and no more.
I tried to remove the screenprotector and to do an hard reset, but I got the same issues also before app and account restore.

Now I don't know if I should send it to assistance of to try to downgrade to android 4.2, what do you think?
May I lose warranty if I try to downgrade?

It is a bit strange issue because sensor sometimes works so I can't be an hardware problem. However I don't remember this issue with the first os versione 4.2 but only after the update to kitkat.

Thank you for your suggestions.

3845#*802# --> Settings --> update touchscreen firmware

Just remember Change the 802 part to your model
If you downgrade you may lose your warranty if they find out so if this fix doesn't work I would recommend you claim warranty on it.
Last edited by Art Vanderlay; 11th May 2014 at 12:52 PM.
11th May 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay

3845#*802# --> Settings --> update touchscreen firmware

Just remember Change the 802 part to your model
If you downgrade you may lose your warranty if they find out so if this fix doesn't work I would recommend you claim warranty on it.

Thank you.
I tried as you suggested. When i push on "update touchscreen firmware" the phone holds for some seconds (2-3) and nothing happends (no alert, no error,) i just push back to return to the hidden menu. Is is correct? If yes, it unfortunately doesn't solve this issue...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread