[Q] Installing CWM on T320

OP JasonJoel

10th May 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188

670 posts
EDIT: Never mind. I spaced out and forgot to root before installing the recovery. Rooted, then installed recovery. Everything working fine.

Ok, I've used Odin plenty of times before, but I'm having issues getting CWM to install on my T320.

Basically, I open Odin as administrator, put the tablet in download mode and it shows up in Odin, I select PDA and select the tar.md5 CWM file. And click start. I see activity on the tablet, and it reboots after moving the file over.

Looks like everything worked. But if I reboot into recovery, it looks like the stock recovery - certainly not CWM.

Anything obvious I missed?

Jason
Last edited by JasonJoel; 10th May 2014 at 02:32 AM. Reason: update
11th May 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag @my home
Thanks Meter: 96

316 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel

EDIT: Never mind. I spaced out and forgot to root before installing the recovery. Rooted, then installed recovery. Everything working fine.

Ok, I've used Odin plenty of times before, but I'm having issues getting CWM to install on my T320.

Basically, I open Odin as administrator, put the tablet in download mode and it shows up in Odin, I select PDA and select the tar.md5 CWM file. And click start. I see activity on the tablet, and it reboots after moving the file over.

Looks like everything worked. But if I reboot into recovery, it looks like the stock recovery - certainly not CWM.

Anything obvious I missed?

Jason

Your prob its normal.

You must uncheck autoreboot at Odin.
If Odin says pass, you must directly boot into the flashed recovery.
If the Tab rebooted to the OS, it restore the Stock recovery.

How to boot into recovery:

Press and hold Home + Volume up and Power, if you the Samsung logo hold only Volume up and Home so long as the recovery menu starts up.

Don't forget to press the Thanks button is this helpful
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread