Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [q] i537 4.4.2 on i9295

Tip us?

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythi View Post
Well the captivate is another story the developers got a leak of a signed rbm of the chipset of (i suspect) the humming bird chipset ... when you have something like that minor modifications can be done ... the same happened a while ago with some 8xx and i not sure of the 6xx -which runs in our phones- the leaked rbm would help devs to make other variants easily compatible in the low level side .

bootloaders are also different story ... each and every device these days has a private key as i said earlier this key gets checked before booting by something in chipset (hardware side) and if key mismatch the device will enter a qcom mode for debugging etcetcetcetc........

trust me you don't want to brick a 600$ for simply to flash a bootloader
Thanks for the info. So here a related question, what would happen if you took an i9295 with 4.2.2 on it and flashed the i537 4.2.2 firmware minus the bootloader? Would it fail to boot due to partitioning or would it work?

solokiller11
Old
(Last edited by solokiller11; 6th May 2014 at 08:09 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
NONONONONONONO ... never ever i say never ever repeat what u said in here ... flashing a other devices bootloader will destroy your phone and you will need something called jig to fix it ... this happens because every device that sammy realeses has a private key for certain partitions on the mmc like the bootloader the rbm etc ... flashing other devices partitions even if the share the same hardware (yes) even if they are from the same family will kill your phone and you will end with a paper that need 200$ service . i request you to edit your comment since alot of the people here are noobs or have little knowelge .
hi man i dont think you right because my last phone was xtreamer joyz which is the exact same phone as the newman n2 and i could install both official framewere with no problem and those two phones have the exact same specs and also the i537 and the i9295 so i think it should work just fine.

but my knowelge isnt good as yours so correct me if im wrong here but i think it should work

EDIT: I still asking my question but also joining to Devo7v question about what will happen.

mythi
Old
Thanks Meter 1,706

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v View Post
Thanks for the info. So here a related question, what would happen if you took an i9295 with 4.2.2 on it and flashed the i537 4.2.2 firmware minus the bootloader? Would it fail to boot due to partitioning or would it work?
If we get a way of unlocking the bootloader we can do this ... I will explain further ...

A stock Sammy ROM comes in the form of a tar.md5 package the .md5 part holds the signature of Sammy , this signature is a type of code that makes the bootloader understand that this package is a signed one with a Sammy key ... When we take the bootloader out of The package (sbl1.bin , sbl2.bin and sbl3.bin) we have to take other parts such as the rbm after taking these we have to repackage the remaining parts in a new tar package ... After doing this we can sign it with an md5 key but this key will give missmatch errors during flash so we have to get the keys of Sammy ... Even if we find those we will have find away to unlock the bootloader to unlock more things
Respect

Try to remmber that development on xda is not for money or publicty but is for fun !

My github

solokiller11
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
If we get a way of unlocking the bootloader we can do this ... I will explain further ...

A stock Sammy ROM comes in the form of a tar.md5 package the .md5 part holds the signature of Sammy , this signature is a type of code that makes the bootloader understand that this package is a signed one with a Sammy key ... When we take the bootloader out of The package (sbl1.bin , sbl2.bin and sbl3.bin) we have to take other parts such as the rbm after taking these we have to repackage the remaining parts in a new tar package ... After doing this we can sign it with an md5 key but this key will give missmatch errors during flash so we have to get the keys of Sammy ... Even if we find those we will have find away to unlock the bootloader to unlock more things
I have to say that i didn't really understand why i cant install the official samsung i537 over the official samsung i9295 because the both signed by Samsung.

like if i have flashed the i9295 4.2.2 official stock on my i9295 so i can flash the i537 4.4.2 official stock no? they both have the Samsung key no?

mythi
Old
Thanks Meter 1,706

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by solokiller11 View Post
I have to say that i didn't really understand why i cant install the official samsung i537 over the official samsung i9295 because the both signed by Samsung.

like if i have flashed the i9295 4.2.2 official stock on my i9295 so i can flash the i537 4.4.2 official stock no? they both have the Samsung key no?
So u have a gt-i9295 i thought you have i537 any way that can be possible as i did it already just wait and you will get it ... i have ensured it won't brick any phone but wifi and camera are not working
Respect

Try to remmber that development on xda is not for money or publicty but is for fun !

My github
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mythi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

solokiller11
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
So u have a gt-i9295 i thought you have i537 any way that can be possible as i did it already just wait and you will get it ... i have ensured it won't brick any phone but wifi and camera are not working
Hi thank you very much for your answer .
And if I will choose to install the i537 4.4.2 on my i9295 do you know if i can fix the camera and the wifi?

mythi
Old
Thanks Meter 1,706

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by solokiller11 View Post
Hi thank you very much for your answer .
And if I will choose to install the i537 4.4.2 on my i9295 do you know if i can fix the camera and the wifi?
I don't have any idea what must be done ... But I need to investigate more on this .
Respect

My github