Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 41,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrade hboot prior to sending phone for service?

Tip us?

bored_stupid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Sorry should have mentioned that. It goes like this..

adb reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip hboot.zip

Now the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. *You have to issue the exact command again:

The green status bar usually does not reach the 100% mark. *When the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bored_stupid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b99721
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid View Post
Sorry should have mentioned that. It goes like this..

adb reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem rebootRUU

Now the first time you issue a command to flash firmware/ruu in fastboot it only prepares the flash. *You have to issue the exact command again:

The green status bar usually does not reach the 100% mark. *When the output in the command window is complete, you can reboot:

fastboot reboot

Thanks for the instructions! My phone has left country now! Will save one way courier money and hopefully get in warranty service - sent with s-off, but Locked.

bored_stupid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by b99721 View Post
Thanks for the instructions! My phone has left country now! Will save one way courier money and hopefully get in warranty service - sent with s-off, but Locked.
Hope all goes well.

The Following User Says Thank You to bored_stupid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b99721
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid View Post
Hope all goes well.

Got my One back! Camera is awesome now. Low light, normal light, sunlight... every situation the camera excels.
Sensor is ov6488, no date.
Only thing that that is bugging me, but I can live with it - using flash results in a very light green hue on the entire photograph. But I rarely use flash.
And the camera lens (and the flash module) are a little off-center from glass at the back, but it seems to have no effect on the photos, so I am fine (but just a little annoyed) with it.
At the same time, I want to confirm a couple of things -
1) Does this sensor have OIS - had read somewhere it is same sensor as the one used in M8, which doesn't have OIS
2) The photos appear distorted towards the ends/edges - a characteristic of the wide angle lense I understand - but with the prior sensor, when I use to set Crop as Regular, the photos use to get straight at ends/edges; but that is not the case anymore - no matter what Crop I select - Wide, Regular, and Square, photos are distorted/wide at ends/edges. Hope this is the way it is suppose to be.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk