Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] MIUIv5 Problem

Tip us?

StarzSkyz
Old
(Last edited by StarzSkyz; 11th May 2014 at 08:02 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] [Help] MIUIv5 Problem

I am using the MIUIv5 rom over at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2331888 it wasn't allowing me to import themes so I was trying to get the themes to work using the guide found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2623610 and after installing the Xposed Installer's Framework this problem started occurring: If I turn off Airplane mode and connect to the T-Mobile services, the phone crashes and restarts, as well as the WiFi being turned on and connecting. I uninstalled the Xposed Framework, but it still happens afterwards. Are there any ways to solving this?

Also as a side note: Should I upgrade from UVDLJC to UVDMD5 one? Plus, I'm unable to find any working links for a KT Kernel for the MIUIv5 rom, as I get stuck at the boot logo, so if a working link to one can be given, thanks.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5170

DONATE TO ME
Probably need to reflash the Rom and/or factory reset.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

StarzSkyz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
Probably need to reflash the Rom and/or factory reset.

Thanks, will try now.

StarzSkyz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Reflash- Problem still there
Factory Reset- Worked

So any ideas on how i can get the KT Kernel onto this? I tried adding in the update-script i found, it flashed and got me stuck on boot, reflashing the rom fixed this.
Also will updating the baseband change anything?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5170

DONATE TO ME
Updating the baseband probably won't do much cheaper in this case. But it can't hurt any to try another version anyway.
Also its probably best to not swap updater scripts and binaries unless you have a decent working knowledge about them.
I'm not sure about a kernel for miui though. Maybe the CM kernels would work? Might want to see if someone else might chime in on this one.