Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 43,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked CM11 4.2.2

Tip us?

BennettNate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bricked CM11 4.2.2

I flashed CM11 to my GS3 the other day, through the CyanogenMod website its been working flawless ever since. But I have found out that my battery life is horrible, so looking upon threads I find that I could install a Kernel such as Boeffla, I was talking to someone about it and asked him if my steps were fine, I went to boeffla and downloaded the CM11 stable kernel V2.2. I boot into recovery mode, go to install from SD card storage go to find Boeffla and install it. After being installed it says reboot now! I go to reboot only to find out my phone will not power up. I can connect it to my windows computer and it recognizes it as something, but not my GS3. Which gives some help, could someone please help me soon!

I dunno if this is possible to unbrick my GS3 from a rom running 4.4.2?

joeyhdownsouth
Old
Thanks Meter 165
That kernel is not for the Sprint variant of the GS3. Will it get into download mode? If so ODIN may save you.

sent from my GS3
G2(Sprint)-stock
G3(Sprint)-stock
Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM:C-rom/KERNEL:dkp-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Galaxy S5(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:M.O.A.R.-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Moto G(unlocked to CellularOne)-ROM/KERNEL:LiquidSmooth-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced

MrrD
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
If it won't boot up, only way to fix it is to get a new phone or send off for JTAG service.
I'd recommend brickedmyphone.com because I've used them before.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrrD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]