Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OnePlus One on At&T

Tip us?

PassingThruLife
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default OnePlus One on At&T

Anyone using one on att ??

does att see it as a smartphone? if someone could check by looking at their OLAM if they are using a OnePlus One,id appreciate that. Id like to use one without having to use a dataplan,
Droid Dna * Droid 3 (flashed with xt883 radio for use on GSM networks) * Atrix 2 (piece of trash) *
Nexus 7(1st gen.)

tiny4579
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4021
Very few people have it, so I don't think anyone is going to know the answer. When I get it, I'll put my SIM in there so AT&T will see it as a HTC One.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PassingThruLife
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579 View Post
Very few people have it, so I don't think anyone is going to know the answer. When I get it, I'll put my SIM in there so AT&T will see it as a HTC One.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
hey,thanks for the response. when you get it,could you possibly check with the att OLAM(online account manager) if it shows as a oneplus,im using a droid 3 that was flashed with a gsm radio and it just shows as a generic flip-phone but the other lines on our plan show their respective phones(everyone else has an iphone lol ).
Droid Dna * Droid 3 (flashed with xt883 radio for use on GSM networks) * Atrix 2 (piece of trash) *
Nexus 7(1st gen.)

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 417
att only knows what type of device you have based on a list of imei's. non att carrier branded devices just show up as "unknown device". i know the nexus 5 shows up this way. and because of that im pretty much 100% sure the oneplus will also be an unknown device. as far as they know, you bought a $5 10 year old nokia flip phone from the mall.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Jack of Clubs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PassingThruLife
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
att only knows what type of device you have based on a list of imei's. non att carrier branded devices just show up as "unknown device". i know the nexus 5 shows up this way. and because of that im pretty much 100% sure the oneplus will also be an unknown device. as far as they know, you bought a $5 10 year old nokia flip phone from the mall.
thanks for the reply. yes,this is what im hoping for. they have the nexus 5 IMEIs tho sadly. they also have recent verizon phone IMEIs as well,my Droid dna was flagged and had a mandatory $30 data plan added to the line i was using it with.
Nexus 7(1st gen.)