Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,368 Members 44,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone else having issues with Tab Pro 10.1 lag when waking from sleep?

Tip us?

mikeydoodles
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Anyone else having issues with Tab Pro 10.1 lag when waking from sleep?

I've noticed a decent amount of lag when unlocking (initial screen waking/coming on) on my new Tab Pro 10.1 (1-3 seconds when my ipad/n7 are essentially lag free). It only happens when the screen has been off more than ~2-3 minutes. I've disabled/Uninstalled much of the bloat, specifically svoice which I know caused some issues in older Samsung devices. Has anyone else noticed any lag when waking their tab pro? My tab is also rooted, but I noticed the issue before rooting.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current:
One M8 on the way
iPhone 5s
Nexus 7
iPad Air

Past:
Moto X
LG G2
HTC One M7
Galaxy S4
iPhone 5
Droid Razr MAXX
iPhone 4
Droid Bionic
Droid Incredible
Droid 2
iPad 4
Moto Xoom

manav113
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Can u tell me about the tunings you made in cpu.if u havent use cputuner and change minimum to better value

Sent From My Karbonn A15

Smack the THANKS button if I helped you...

CuraeL
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeydoodles View Post
I've noticed a decent amount of lag when unlocking (initial screen waking/coming on) on my new Tab Pro 10.1 (1-3 seconds when my ipad/n7 are essentially lag free). It only happens when the screen has been off more than ~2-3 minutes. I've disabled/Uninstalled much of the bloat, specifically svoice which I know caused some issues in older Samsung devices. Has anyone else noticed any lag when waking their tab pro? My tab is also rooted, but I noticed the issue before rooting.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah, I was told it was the Exynos processors going into some kind of deep sleep state. Apparently it's not the first device to do this. Mine does it as well. Horrible when listening to music over bluetooth on the Hi-Fi, lags the music until the screen comes on. Horrible, horrible.. Horrible device. Why you Exynos. :'/

"XO Pressley has the deck."
-
Get Tab Pro 10.1.psd complete with gloss and background layers here to make your own smechsy screenshot.