Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ear piece speaker buzzing?

Tip us?

iamtherealmungo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Ear piece speaker buzzing?

Hi,

I've had two Moto G's. both have been returned/replaced due to the ear piece/speaker buzzing like a kazoo when someone speaks/audio is heard through it.

I can now only assume it's dust that's caused this to happen, as I use my phone in a reasonably dusty environment occasionally through work.

Has anyone noticed similar problems? Anyone know ways to prevent/cure this should it happen again?
The Following User Says Thank You to iamtherealmungo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aerogriff
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I came here to post this same thing. Mine was fine until shortly after the latest ota. I plan on calling Motorola soon, just haven't gotten around to it.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
HTC One X

HTC Flyer

iamtherealmungo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogriff View Post
I came here to post this same thing. Mine was fine until shortly after the latest ota. I plan on calling Motorola soon, just haven't gotten around to it.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
It could have changed after an update for me too. The only physical change could be the dust, but this seems unlikely because it excluded to a fairly modest amount very briefly!

diecast
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtherealmungo View Post
Hi,

I've had two Moto G's. both have been returned/replaced due to the ear piece/speaker buzzing like a kazoo when someone speaks/audio is heard through it.

I can now only assume it's dust that's caused this to happen, as I use my phone in a reasonably dusty environment occasionally through work.

Has anyone noticed similar problems? Anyone know ways to prevent/cure this should it happen again?
Have the same problem! I got a new moto g because the 1st one was doing this cracking sound during calls both on 4.3 and 4.4!

The one has the same problem AGAIN!! i am very angry with this because i feel like the phone is fake and very cheap with this extreme bad sound i will try contact motorola

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

fitzhugh2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm also having this problem. In fact, I'm on hold right now with motorola as I call to swap my second phone for the same reason. I started having the problem on my first phone a few weeks ago. The second phone had the buzzing problem as soon as it arrived. In both cases the phones have buzzed intermittently and tapping them face down hard against my palm seems to stop the noise for a bit. That isn't a good option because you have to tell the person on the other end to hold the phone away from their ear while you do it. It suggests to me that there is something like sand in the speaker.

We have three phones. One other has had almost no use, while the third has had a huge amount of use as phone and audio player using the headphone. Yesterday the speaker on that last one stopped working altogether. It only works with headphones. I assume it doesn't recognize the headphones have been removed. I don't believe it had the buzzing problem.

I love the phones otherwise.