Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ADB device not found for HTC One M8

Tip us?

BubooBear
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ADB device not found for HTC One M8

Hello folks, i am having trouble trying to get adb to recognize my device. Every time i try to do adb reboot, daemon starting etc... And then after it says device not found. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for thehtc one m8 and yet it still doesnt work. Please help me as i want to gain s-off

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dxwilliams40
Old
Thanks Meter 318
Are you using a pc running Windows 8. That was my problem. Worked fine on an old laptop running Windows 7

Current Devices: HTC M8: Nexus 5 :Galaxy Note 3
Get extra 5gb of cloud storage with Copy app by clicking my referral link https://copy.com?r=NP24F8

KarimSalloum
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubooBear View Post
Hello folks, i am having trouble trying to get adb to recognize my device. Every time i try to do adb reboot, daemon starting etc... And then after it says device not found. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for thehtc one m8 and yet it still doesnt work. Please help me as i want to gain s-off

same happened with me. It turned out there was a prompt on my M8's screen asking for permission for my computer to use USB debugging. I gave it access and adb was working fine.

jm700wx
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I had the same problem on windows 8. I installed HTC sync and everything worked fine.

grentuu
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Make sure USB debugging is enabled.

When you connect your phone and use the 'adb devices' command for the 1st time your phone will give an USB debugging RSA prompt. Click ok and you will be good to go in windows 7. Just run the 'adb devices' command again (or click on the UP arrow on the KB, this will replicate the last typed command) to check it sees it.

Windows 8 - No idea

I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???

IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.

BubooBear
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by grentuu View Post
Make sure USB debugging is enabled.

When you connect your phone and use the 'adb devices' command for the 1st time your phone will give an USB debugging RSA prompt. Click ok and you will be good to go in windows 7. Just run the 'adb devices' command again (or click on the UP arrow on the KB, this will replicate the last typed command) to check it sees it.

Windows 8 - No idea
I must have missed that prompt, is there a way for me to do anything that will have that prompt show up one more time? I am running windows 7.

grentuu
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubooBear View Post
I must have missed that prompt, is there a way for me to do anything that will have that prompt show up one more time? I am running windows 7.

Turn off usb debugging. Give the phone a reboot.

Turn USB debugging on again and connect it to your PC again

Look at the phone It should come up again. Make sure it is set to 'always authorise'

Type adb devices = profit

I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???

IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.

darlll
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by grentuu View Post
Turn off usb debugging. Give the phone a reboot.

Turn USB debugging on again and connect it to your PC again

Look at the phone It should come up again. Make sure it is set to 'always authorise'

Type adb devices = profit
I had the same issue on my Windows 8 pc.. I was able to rectify the adv device not found issue by going into device manager , clicking on the HTC one icon and manually installing the drivers by browsing through my computer and using my Nexus adb drivers and everything worked fine after that

umjammerlammy
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Download htc sync, you'll need those drivers. Then follow grentuu's instructions.