Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera Fault, Haze + Creaking

Tip us?

furrypotato
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Interesting to see your photos, I have the same problem with mine.
I'll have to see if I can get it replaced I guess.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Somebody pointed out in another thread, this haze can be caused by a case, especially if you are using flash.

In my case, I have a clear gel case which could easily cause light to reflect into the lens area.
Will test properly tomorrow.
Z2

Brian: I am NOT the Messiah!
Arthur: I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.

daven
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypotato View Post
Interesting to see your photos, I have the same problem with mine.
I'll have to see if I can get it replaced I guess.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Somebody pointed out in another thread, this haze can be caused by a case, especially if you are using flash.

In my case, I have a clear gel case which could easily cause light to reflect into the lens area.
Will test properly tomorrow.
That's interesting, kinda like the flash bleed issues on z1 compacts I read about I guess.

Although in this case I wasn't using the flash on either of the Z2's and they were both naked, even took the screen protector off the back of the phones to make sure it wasn't being caused by those (I had cut a square out of them for the flash/lens already though) and there was no change - one Z2 looked fine, the other not so much.

Thing is if my sister hadn't picked up a Z2 of her own I'd never have known, I just thought this was normal behaviour - at least the thread has made others aware of a possible problem (if mine wasn't just a one off)
Phone History:
Nokia 5210, Sagem Myx5+6+7, Nokia 5500, Samsung e900, Motorola a835, Motorola a925, Motorola a1000, Xda Exec, Lg Shine, Nokia 6500 slide, Nokia e65, Xperia X1, Touch Pro 2, Iphone 4, Sony Xperia X10 mini, Sensation XE, One X, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z2

Tablet History:
Nexus 7, LG G pad 8.3